My Wifes Pregnant

Just Plain Ruff

I deserve a kick in the shins.

Nonethelss, I am always curious why people have children.

Before, it was not a choice.

Now, since it often is a choice, why?

Religious reasons?

Because "It's the thing to do"?

Pressure from parents or relatives?

Tradition?

Well Robert, not really anyone's business as to why we want a child and I don't need to explain it to anyone.

Why so nosy?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally have been on the fence on whether or not I want kids my deciding factor to why I want children is when I'm 60-70-80-90 I want someone around to take care of me, etc... ?No nursing homes for me please...

Well Robert, not really anyone's business as to why we want a child and I don't need to explain it to anyone.

Why so nosy?

Nosy?

Just asking anyone why they "want" children.

Some, I'm told, want them to have someone take care of them in old age.

A Mormon told me "Mormons do it to get higher status in their Celestial Kingdumb." "Also there are souls waiting to become born."

A Catholic said "The Catholic Church wants to increase membership, which is why they are against contraception."

Others tell me it is pressure from parents and relatives.

Others, "It's the thing to do." and a "Status symbol".

Others have said it is "Tradition".

Edited by robert gift

Nosy?

Some, I'm told, want them to have someone take care of them in old age.

A Mormon told me "Mormons do it to get higher status in their Celestial Kingdumb." "Also there are souls waiting to become born."

A Catholic said "The Catholic Church wants to increase membership, which is why they are against contraception."

Others tell me it is pressure from parents and relatives.

Others, "It's the thing to do." and a "Status symbol".

Others have said it is "Tradition".

Why not start a thread about it ? instead of hijacking his ?!

CongratS again dude !!!

Perhaps there are one or two here, who wish they could have had the opportunity to pose the same question to your parents.

Stop trying to inject sensationalism into all your posts, just because of your knowledge deficit in EMS.

Why so nosy?

Hell, I thought this was an awesome, much too seldom asked question!

Why did I want children? I believed that becoming a man demanded that I fight, smoke, drink to excess and reproduce. Pretty shitty reasons, right?

Boy did fate have a curve ball in store for me!!

Awesome question man, and one we'd all be better off having to answer before reproducing...and I don't see the reason for the offense at it's asking unless you don't really have a reason...just sayin'...

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP

Congratulations Ruffles!!!

I guess by now you've figured out what causes pregnacation! :lol:

Now that you've got the 'basics' down, next time you can give it that 'little extra' and put the 'stem' on the apple :lol::lol::lol:;)

On a serious note, my best to you and Mrs. Ruffles. And a 'best wishes' to the little 'ruffian' too!

ok, since Dwayne asked

I have wanted a son to carry on my name since I was a child. That's it.

We have the son. After 4 failed pregnancies with one being a still born at 17 weeks, I didn't think that I wanted to try again.

My wife wasn't sure either. She didn't want to face that loss again.

But we found out we were pregnant 4 days after her father died and we said "Holy shite, we can't face another loss" but after that perspective passed we realized that this might be a great thing.

So after 18 weeks we have a healthy fetus, a girl growing inside. It's a awesome feeling.

Robert, the way you asked the question made me feel that you were questioning us in having a child. It came off that way but there's your answer. Good or bad, it's an answer.

So Riff Raff When do we plan the first Official EMT CITY Baby shower? I will get to work on it I will call my people and they can call your people and we will get this thing going. ;)