Hi from Sav. GA

emti2008

Just stopping in to say Hello, I'm from Savannah, GA and I'm new to this site. I got my EMT-I at the end of last year. I plan on going back to get my Paramedic as soon as I can save up enough money to do a one time payment it's a lot cheaper that way. I'm excited to find this site where I can talk to people who know the field.

:wave:

Just stopping in to say Hello, I'm from Savannah, GA and I'm new to this site. I got my EMT-I at the end of last year. I plan on going back to get my Paramedic as soon as I can save up enough money to do a one time payment it's a lot cheaper that way. I'm excited to find this site where I can talk to people who know the field.

:wave:

I'm currently in the EMT-B/EMT-I program at Savannah Tech.

I was an EMT-B in MI for 12 years.

After I go through this portion of the course, I'm looking at doing My A.A.S. for Paremedic Technology at Savannah Tech as well.

I'm currently in the EMT-B/EMT-I program at Savannah Tech.

I was an EMT-B in MI for 12 years.

After I go through this portion of the course, I'm looking at doing My A.A.S. for Paremedic Technology at Savannah Tech as well.

Hi, How long is the EMT-B/I class? How is the classes out there at Sav. Tech? I got my EMT-I at Rescue Training Inc. in Savannah. It only took a few months. By the way if you have any concerns about the National Registry PM me. The Practicals are not as bad as some think if you know your stuff. Good Luck.

And hello to everyone else also. Yes Valdosta counts, I love Wild Adventures, although I havent been back since I broke my ancle on the Cheeta, you know the wooden one. Anyway it's good to be in the City.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I'm halfway through Fire Fighter One classes, taking my midterm Monday! I'll be a "Blue Helmet" soon. We actually will be allowed to carry out own First Responder Bags, which as a first responder you can do just basic stuff. VS, O2, and CPR in my county, I think it is a GA law. N E way see ya later...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I'm halfway through Fire Fighter One classes, taking my midterm Monday! I'll be a "Blue Helmet" soon. We actually will be allowed to carry out own First Responder Bags, which as a first responder you can do just basic stuff. VS, O2, and CPR in my county, I think it is a GA law. N E way see ya later...

GA Law

FR = VS, O2, CPR, Basic First Aid

EMT-B= SpO2, Traction Splint, EpiPen, NTG, Charcoal, Oral Glucose

EMT-I= IV, D50, Narcan (is some areas of the state), CombiTube

EMT-CT= ACLS Drugs, 3-Lead ECG, ET on apnic/ pulesless PT, Defib

Medic = Full ALS

GA Law

FR = VS, O2, CPR, Basic First Aid

EMT-B= SpO2, Traction Splint, EpiPen, NTG, Charcoal, Oral Glucose

EMT-I= IV, D50, Narcan (is some areas of the state), CombiTube

EMT-CT= ACLS Drugs, 3-Lead ECG, ET on apnic/ pulesless PT, Defib

Medic = Full ALS

Thanks, you know now they consider EMT-I's medics, but I know your talking of Paramedics here. One question, what's a EMT-CT? They can do some of the cardiac support that Paramedics do, like ACLS. Here in Savannah we are not allowed to give Narcan, but most of our vans have either an EMT-I and a Paramedic or two Paramedics so someone is on scene who can administer it. Around here we need a steady supply of it, especially on the weekends (payday).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.