Lights and sirens

Not sure what you need interpreted. Zippy's in the UK. Things are done a good bit different there than here in the US....especially here in CO.

In the UK, they have dispatchers and Drs prioritize ambulance dispatch for non-999 (non-911 for us). They don't use lights and "noise" or sirens unless it's absolutely neccessary.

Not much more to interpret from that.

Hang on Rat115, Robert is the one who got up in arms about the brits doing practice lights and sirens run so your last statement at least to him will not make sense.

I work in a rural area where after 10pm there is little to no traffic. I can get anywhere in my town without lights and sirens as fast as I can with lights and sirens. I rarely turn on the lights and sirens to any call if it's after midnight becuase the traffic that I have to get through is just not there. If I need to turn them on I turn them on to get through the two busiest intersections in town but at 10pm or midnight there may be 1 or two cars that I need to clear.

During the day is different and L&S are always used.

I have people at night I work with that use the L&S on every call they get dispatched to, be it a ill subject or a ankle injury.

I know from working in many different systems that L&S do not save time and can cause more harm than good sometimes. My experiences.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.