Wearable Defib Vest

Professor Whoppie? OMG, he always sent a turtle, name I don't recall, on various adventures via that magic board. He was a part of the Tennesse Tuxedo cartoon show.

Drizzle, Drazzel, Drozzle, Drone, Time for this one to come home!

I am scaring myself that I remember that line.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had first hand experience with them. My dad had to wear one for almost 3 1/2 months after he had a massive MI in Oct. It really is a cool device. It never fired ( thank god) but they do need to make some improvements to it.It is like a cross between an internal Defib and an AED where if the PT's heart stops he will shock the PT

Wouldn't wanna be on a set of metal bleachers with him.

That's also an interesting point. What if the pt was in water or on a metal surface and went into CA? Could the shock be large enough that someone standing/sitting on that same metal/wet surface could be injured?

That's also an interesting point. What if the pt was in water or on a metal surface and went into CA? Could the shock be large enough that someone standing/sitting on that same metal/wet surface could be injured?

THe device makes a verbal warning that it will shock, it will be the same as if we took to the patient with our external defibrillators, if they are on metal, they will put the shock into that same as we defibbed them manually externally. It is something that public will need to be made aware of and stand clear themselves if a shock is going to be delivered.

I would want to hear what the warning is (is it a voice or just an alarm) might be smart to say something like "Stand Clear Administering Shock in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. Administering Shock, [sHOCK] All Clear" give the public (and us) and warning as to what is going on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.