AMR Job Process - Skills Test?

emtguy

Greetings. First time poster here. My name is Dave, and I live in the SF Bay Area. I recently took the EMT-B course, passed the NREMT and have all state/local certifications.

I have applied with a local AMR location that has a primary 911 service contract with the county. Very large metropolitan area, suburban and urban environments. Needless to say, the jobs are quite competitive, especially for EMT-B's.

I have made it through the first two parts - written test and interview. The interview was probably the biggest hurdle. All that remains is a skills test. I didn't receive a lot of details about this, so I am assuming the usual Basic skills will be tested - CPR/BMV/C-collar/O2 admin. etc.

Can anyone who as been through the AMR process and taken their skills test fill me in on any details? I have had zero real-life experience, and the only time I have had to use these skills were the brief moments in class.

This is the last part, I've come a long way and I don't want to blow it here. Any help greatly appreciated!

Greetings. First time poster here. My name is Dave, and I live in the SF Bay Area. I recently took the EMT-B course, passed the NREMT and have all state/local certifications.

I have applied with a local AMR location that has a primary 911 service contract with the county. Very large metropolitan area, suburban and urban environments. Needless to say, the jobs are quite competitive, especially for EMT-B's.

I have made it through the first two parts - written test and interview. The interview was probably the biggest hurdle. All that remains is a skills test. I didn't receive a lot of details about this, so I am assuming the usual Basic skills will be tested - CPR/BMV/C-collar/O2 admin. etc.

Can anyone who as been through the AMR process and taken their skills test fill me in on any details? I have had zero real-life experience, and the only time I have had to use these skills were the brief moments in class.

This is the last part, I've come a long way and I don't want to blow it here. Any help greatly appreciated!

Just remember the basic's. Start with personal safety, and the ABC's. Correct any problems that you come across that involve the ABC's. and go from there. Everything else will come with time and experience.

possibly a few scenarios with skills wrapped up in them.

-CPR, assessment and backboard for sure (just go over all your skill sheets and know them). They won't fudge on any mistakes.

Good luck you may be applying to the same service as me , see you out there!

I'm an AMR employee, but we totally didnt have a hard application process. We interviewed and had a basic skills test which was basically to make sure we could pick up our share (I think it was 120 pounds maybe) and carry it up and down stairs. We didnt do assessments or practicals of any kind.

PS, I love my job! I work for a VERY SMALL division. We only run 4 trucks and have about 10k calls a year, I think 70% are 911, 30% NET. We all usually end up running 1-2 interfacility transports a shift between 911 calls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.