Doggie Ambien?

brentoli

CRASH!

Actually, I saw that in my own dog, years ago. It is more common than you think, to have a dog sleep running. Perhaps the dog is dreaming of chasing a rabbit or other small animal, and it's body is following suit.

Actually, "Lady" ( a German Shepard based mutt) woke up with a yelp, and a quick turnaround, until she realized all was well, and she was in my living room, unthreatened. Perhaps she was having a nightmare?

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the old SNL skit where they had "doggie downers" and "puppy uppers"? It was hilarious. Fortunately they do have the doggie downers. When needing to groom the one dog I had I had to use the downers. She didn't fight being trimmed, but she was very hard to hold still and of course didn't like the noise of the trimmers. They worked great for long distance travel too.

Yeah firedoc - that downer is called PROZAC ! I've actually seen my dog do this more than a few times. It's pretty funny.

I don't know if anyone watched the other clips but my dog is either very concerned for or very afraid of "bizkit the sleepwalking barking dog". He may need some doggie counseling now. But really, that was hilarious! He'll make tiny little running foot motions sometimes but nothing like that. He does yip(more like a muffled bark) and cry a lot in his sleep. I can only guess he's hearing a strange car in the driveway because it's the only time he barks when he's awake and even then it's only one quick(but loud!) bark.

I'm told my brother's dog, Daisy, had "Separation Anxiety", and tore the house up when he, and the wife, were both out of the building. They told me she (Daisy) was put on "Doggie Prozac" for a couple of months.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.