How does your trauma/resu Bay look like?

krumel

the Resus rooms in the average UK emergency department looks not dissimilar to those in docharris's pictures of Toronto

CT access is usually 'across the hall' in new builds in and older hospitals it's often 'round the corner and across the hall'

ventilator, multiparameter montoring, defib, gantry X ray and the like in the room ...

prehospital communication - vehicle cellphones to 'red phone' dedicated landline with extra loud ringer, ideal world trauma nurse leader takes the red phone call ....

comparing a anglo-antipodean-Americaan system to the Franco-german system is also different due to the differing patterns of the staffing and the differing models or care delivery...

without diverting the thread too much is the anglo-antipodean-American model still one model or is the UK a model of it's own perhaps becoming more on the Dutch /scandinavian model as UK paramedics become better educated and there is increased and increasing ly professionalised field physician provision i nthe UK ....

Good timing. I had a field trip to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto a couple weeks ago and snapped some shots of their brand new trauma room.

The trauma room is across the hall from the dedicated ED x-ray and CT suite which is cleared when a trauma alert comes in.

When EMS arrives they report to the trauma team leader and one of the charting RN's and then hang around in case on of the specalists wants the info again (ortho, etc.). Plus being a slack jawed lollygagger is fun apparently.

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02207.jpg

Photos aren't the greatest as my camera sucks.

I know it's irrelevant, but I was watching a show on Discovery Health Called "Critical Hour" when I read over this post, and they were showing that same trauma room.

creepy....

I know it's irrelevant, but I was watching a show on Discovery Health Called "Critical Hour" when I read over this post, and they were showing that same trauma room.

creepy....

Did you mean to say Situation Critical? That is a show that is along the lines of Trauma: Life in the ER but shot at Sunnybrook and at St. Michael's. Those are Toronto's two trauma centres.

Did you mean to say Situation Critical? That is a show that is along the lines of Trauma: Life in the ER but shot at Sunnybrook and at St. Michael's. Those are Toronto's two trauma centres.

I think it's called the critical hour. It was done both in Toronto and in Baltimore at shock trauma.

I think it's called the critical hour. It was done both in Toronto and in Baltimore at shock trauma.

Interesting, that is a different show then. I'd be interested to see it. I'll have to hunt around my cable box's channel guide and see if it plays here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.