Skate Boards For Peruvian Paramedics

Many years ago whilst visiting the upper Andes of Peru I had the pleasure of observing the Peruvian Ambulance Service. Although their simple methods and practices may have seemed antiquated and quaint in comparison to my advanced English ways , I was impressed with one aspect of their service.

Response times ! Yes dear chums, their responce times are the envy of the world !

Why ?

Every Peruvian Paramedic is supplied with a skate Board. In the harsh mountainous terrain of the Andes the quickest way of responding to an emergancy at the foot of a steep slope is on a skate Board.

Villages that are hundreds of feet below can be reached in a matter of seconds by skate Board !

Sadly emergencies up the mountains are somewhat slower. Very much slower in fact.

To be truthful and brutely honest an emergency several thousand feet up the mountain can take days to respond to instead of seconds, and in these cases a Skate Board is of little use.

So in future before you scoff at the primative ways of third world medical responders, just remember their response times are far superior to your own.

• Like 1

Many years ago whilst visiting the upper Andes of Peru I had the pleasure of observing the Peruvian Ambulance Service. Although their simple methods and practices may have seemed antiquated and quaint in comparison to my advanced English ways , I was impressed with one aspect of their service.

Response times ! Yes dear chums, their responce times are the envy of the world !

Why ?

Every Peruvian Paramedic is supplied with a skate Board. In the harsh mountainous terrain of the Andes the quickest way of responding to an emergancy at the foot of a steep slope is on a skate Board.

Villages that are hundreds of feet below can be reached in a matter of seconds by skate Board !

Sadly emergencies up the mountains are somewhat slower. Very much slower in fact.

To be truthful and brutely honest an emergency several thousand feet up the mountain can take days to respond to instead of seconds, and in these cases a Skate Board is of little use.

So in future before you scoff at the primative ways of third world medical responders, just remember their response times are far superior to your own.

Sure you don't mean a snow board? :D

Why ?

Please provide a link. Going several hundred feet in seconds on a skate board would lead to dead Paramedics.

Sadly if such a cavalier practice was introduced into the civilised world it may indeed result in the embarrassing and untimely deaths of a few Paramedics.

However, this would be a small price to pay if response times were improved substantialy.

Please provide a link. Going several hundred feet in seconds on a skate board would lead to dead Paramedics.

• Like 1

Sadly if such a cavalier practice was introduced into the civilised world it may indeed result in the embarrassing and untimely deaths of a few Paramedics.

However, this would be a small price to pay if response times were improved substantialy.

And now it's clear this is just an awful joke.

Work on the material.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.