Deadly Ambulance Crash Tucson Az, A Reason No Passengers Allowed

spenac

None of that is our problem!! They let their choices go out the window when they or their family activated 911. Now don't get me wrong, they can refuse any kind of treatment that EMS may want to do, but what you are talking about in your post is a hospital problem, not ems. If they are old and senile, then they aren't going to remember anything that goes on and if it is a cultural issue, then, sorry, but we have a job to do. And when it comes to children, parents tend to make the child more aggitated because they cant control themselves. Regardless how you want to look at it to justify somebody riding in that is not seeking medical attention, we still have a job to do and we need to cover our own butts. So what if their feelings get hurt or they get offended, at least you will still have a job. There's nothing that states that we have to allow anybody to ride in.

Well you told us....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry did I miss something, you stated this was a productive discussion.

Absoulutes in EMS are rare. Decisions are made on a case by case basis.

If it benefits the patient for a family member to ride in the patient compartment they do, child or senile adult. We have seat belts there too.

There is alot more gray then black and white in EMS, your decisions should reflect that.

As far as making decisions on the fear of litigation. I dont. I base decisions on what is in the best intrest of my patients.

Border Patrol checkpoints? Did I miss something referring to going through international border "gateways"?

Yes I pass a permanent check point about 50 miles north of my home here on the boreder. Plus at times they set up temporary ones closer in to the border.

Another big one is Interstate 10 has one east of El Paso TX at Sierra Blanca TX. All East bond traffic on the interstate gets stopped.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.