Epi-Pens: Discussion

Richard B the EMT

Indeed, I do. I used to work in the EMS EMD, for 11 years before the merger into the FDNY, CBEMT.

And, as if I have to tell it, just how do these people get to the ERs for the nurses and doctors to review their crap? Why, by an ambulance, of course, MrMeaner.

Sorry, missed this post.

Right, plus the walk-ins and wheel chair vans makes for a lot of non-emergent people in the ED. I'm not saying you guys don't get more than your share, but it's everyone's problem. I can't imagine it's going to get better if nationalized medicine becomes a reality, either.

Yeah, and I'd still put money that those doctors and nurses would still see more acute patients per shift than many NYC EMS crews would in an all-ALS system.

Yeah, regardless of the system it will probably be abused.

On a related note, yet unrelated to origional topic, I have heard that if an ED doc sees a patient whose bill never gets paid, the doc won't get paid either. Any truth to this or does it vary by locale and/or contract?

Oops, I was remiss. I forgot the obvious of O2, and totally forgot that we carry glucose paste in the FDNY EMS Command ambulances.

Also, notice, even though I am in NYC, it is an ambulance, and not a bus. A bus is something operated by the transit authority.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.