You just relieved "D" Shift .....................

crotchitymedic1986

You know the crew, the laziest, sorriest crew in your organization. You open up the doors to your truck, to check off your equipment, and once again, they have done the one thing that just absolutely pisses you off. What is that one thing ?

For me, it was not emptying the trash can(s). Nothing I enjoy more than the smell of taco bell leftovers and all their other trash that is spilling over the top of the can to the floor.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left bloody hand prints on the rails, the cabinet doors, and holy crap on several of the supplys. Probably got blood on radio or phone used for contacting hospital. And the pens, and heck we should just destroy the ambulance rather than risk infection.

dang i was wrong, i was going to guess "rearranging the jump bag and cabinets" for you and dust.

Touching with dirty gloves is my pet peeve. I do hate stuff restocked wrong but I can fix that during ambulance check out.

Touching with dirty gloves is my pet peeve. I do hate stuff restocked wrong but I can fix that during ambulance check out.

1) Leaving an ambulance BBP dirty is reason, in the FDNY EMS, for a "Command Discipline".

2) Restocking "wrong"? You might feel that yours is the only "correct" way to stock the ambulance, so does the guy from "D", as well as every senior (and even junior) "Tech" that rides that vehicle, on any tour. Call a meeting, and get a "best of all worlds" consensus as to how the ambulance should be stocked, unless the department has a written format as to how this is to be done. You know,

The RIGHT way, the WRONG way, and the ARMY way!

1) Leaving an ambulance BBP dirty is reason, in the FDNY EMS, for a "Command Discipline".

2) Restocking "wrong"? You might feel that yours is the only "correct" way to stock the ambulance, so does the guy from "D", as well as every senior (and even junior) "Tech" that rides that vehicle, on any tour. Call a meeting, and get a "best of all worlds" consensus as to how the ambulance should be stocked, unless the department has a written format as to how this is to be done. You know,

Actually each cabinet and each bag is supposed to always be stocked a certain way. The other crew changing it is a violation of policy.

there was a partial shake-up. but before that, I'd walk in the station and the crew was still in bed. crap all over the place, reports not finished (so they need the toughbook for a while longer) trash not to the street. empty d cylinders in the side compartment, dead LP batteries on the bench seat. dirty dishes piled in the sink. They said they never heard wake-up tones. Its not my style to play the write up game( if they had left me an empty main O2 after sleeping all night it'd be on) so I'd help them along so they could get home (or to another station closer to on-time). I always try to relieve at least 15 minutes early. unlike my relief who comes in at 6:59:59.

Not making the gurney because they got a call right before shift change and new they were getting off right after clearing the hospital. Then we get a call right off the bat and have to throw on a sheet on-scene or switch out the portable O2.

Also, not stocking enough sheets/blankets/towels.

Everything else, I can pretty much take care of myself...but we can only walk out with so many blankets from ER and a trauma patient on a cold day may need a few...and obviously it looks bad making your gurney sheet onscene...

My worst pet peeve is....well I have a lot of them, which is why they call me 'Anger Management'. :oops: :evil:

Seriously tho, my worst is when the previous crew doesn't restock the equipment/ supplies/ medications they used of their shift and you get that call at shift change.

Nothing like walking in the door and having the medic say. "Oh good you're here! You're good to go. You have a diabetic call..." Get on scene and have NO D50 in your 1st box, NO IV supplies, sharps container full....etc. F*cken laziness and it makes me severely flip out!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.