My itching got worse mommy ...............

Epi 1:1 IM, 0.3mg (IV if pre-arrest)

Albuterol

I think that they may have had a reaction to the Benadryl packaging (at least that is what a physician once told me, "it's not the Benadryl they are allergic to, it's the packaging")

Phenergan is an option I guess.

Solu-medrol 125mg IV

Aggressive Airway management

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of phenergan as an antihistamine either. I'll be looking into that.

As far as tx goes: epi IM, albuterol or duoneb updraft and prepare to intubate if no improvement seen. I've heard all the Benadryl allergy arguments, but I'm not willing to stake the kid's life on what my theory is. Diphenhydramine is out unless MC orders it. High flow deisel.

Just looked it up. Promethazine is contraindicated in peds prehospital. Otherwise might be a good idea.

At least I learned that Benadryl might have a dye contained in it, that might trigger an allergic reaction. Thanks, everyone, now continue the discussion, that I might learn more!

At least I learned that Benadryl might have a dye contained in it, that might trigger an allergic reaction. Thanks, everyone, now continue the discussion, that I might learn more!

It does I know I am allergic to the dye in benadryl.

I never knew that you could use phenergan as an antihistamine. But if given IV you have to be careful it can ruin a vein in a heartbeat.

Actually Pheneregn is being removed and replaced with Zofran for N/V. Much less dangerous to the cellular tissues..

Can't remember where ,but I recently read that phenergen is being taken off market by manufacturer.