Temper Tantrum Turns Into Hillside Rescue - Spank? or What?

spenac

How would you discipline?  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• Spank
    • Sit in corner
    • Say no no
    • allow to keep "expressing self"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The parents are the tarts in this situation. The kid was just being a kid. Hopefully the parents are the ones who learned a lesson.

My kid never threw a fit at 10 years of age. This kid has the parents trained. This kid is in charge.

First of all, a 10 year old is old enough to learn the lesson that if one chucks one's prized possessions over a cliff, one can expect to not get them back.

Secondly, this is an obvious parent-FAIL on many levels. Why are you outside at 9pm in the middle of winter arguing with your kid? Why hasn't your kid been locked in his room to vent his anger on his own and cool off a bit? WHAT were you THINKING when you decided to climb don a gorrram CLIFF to get a friggin TEDDY BEAR?!

I think the kid and parents should get a bill for the rescue and the kid should pay half of it out of his own allowance. I also think they should ALL go to counseling... the parents so they learn some coping skills and grow some balls, and the kid so he learns some appropriate anger management behavior....

Obviously, these parents using physical discipline on this kid is a joke... might be effective, but the physical force is only an extension of the emotional force used by the parents... obviously these folks have none.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I love you 8)

Unfortunatley there are those here that would label the parents as 'viscious' for not letting the brat, er, child, get his way. these parents are rewarding whining and not rewarding dicipline. BTW. a ten year old with a teddy bear??? :roll: