EMTBASIC_911_911 was in a wreck friday

emtlady76877

The whole grandeur thing sounds more like undiagnosed personality disorder. WILDLY wonderful or TERRIFICALLY tragic... both appealing in the attention that they garner. Hallmark of that condition...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad thing is, I didn't even bother to look in the DSM-IV... I just used what I knew from experience and the references I had while working with individuals WITH that particular condition in the developmentally disabled population.

*shrugs* since we're speculating, figured I'd add in my own thoughts. I sincerely hope that those needing help get it.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Same thing happened on Firehouse's site a few years back. Young girl game into the forums all excited and eager to learn, said she wanted to be a firefighter/medic when she grew up, yadda yadda.

Three weeks later, she "dies" in a car accident, and the whole board is crushed, posting condolences, poems, the whole bit- she really made an impression in those three weeks.

Meanwhile the board admin runs down her info and calls her house. Her mother was quite surprised to hear of her daughter's tragic death, especially since she was upstairs doing homework.

What's worse, the mother said the girl had done the same thing before on a different board. She agreed that the little whackjob probably needed professional help.