EMS at the Inauguration

SDMedic

I was hoping to find out if anyone's involved in the EMS effort at the Inauguration and whatever they might know about it, i.e., pre-planning, logistics, inter-agency coordination (with the Secret Service, FBI, D.C. Fire/EMS, etc.). Who's running the show, in short, and what kind of preparations have they made in case of ... anything unexpected?

All i've found so far was this article taken from the Orlando Sentinel, but I'm definitely looking for more.

http://www.jems.com:80/news_and_articles/n...auguration.html

Thanks if you can help!!

I have two friends that are going to be there, they were invited as they were part of the DMAT Team out of Florida.

As far as the questions you are asking, I would think most of that is classified or limited in dissemination. I certainly do not think anyone involved would answer any of those questions on a public forum, especially prior to the event.

I was hoping to find out if anyone's involved in the EMS effort at the Inauguration and whatever they might know about it, i.e., pre-planning, logistics, inter-agency coordination (with the Secret Service, FBI, D.C. Fire/EMS, etc.). Who's running the show, in short, and what kind of preparations have they made in case of ... anything unexpected?

All i've found so far was this article taken from the Orlando Sentinel, but I'm definitely looking for more.

http://www.jems.com:80/news_and_articles/n...auguration.html

Thanks if you can help!!

You ask many questions comrade.... many questions indeed.

I dont know that I would question his motives just yet, it will probably be the biggest "event" in DC history (or any other city/state for that matter), so I dont think it is so wrong to wonder about what kind of planning has to occur. Can you imagine how difficult it is going to be to get an ambulance "close" to the patients, or to pluck a patient out of that crowd ? The population of this event will probably outnumber the population of some entire States. Glad its not me.

I dont know that I would question his motives just yet, it will probably be the biggest "event" in DC history (or any other city/state for that matter), so I dont think it is so wrong to wonder about what kind of planning has to occur. Can you imagine how difficult it is going to be to get an ambulance "close" to the patients, or to pluck a patient out of that crowd ? The population of this event will probably outnumber the population of some entire States. Glad its not me.

thank you, sir, for seeing the question as it was intended.

rest assured, i'm not a threat, just a medic trying to find out information that is PUBLIC - large gatherings, and the logistical nightmare they present, are learning experiences.

i don't think this would be my first stop in trying to find out government secrets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.