Fire Service Based EMS

Christopher.Collins

Note to Admin: I put this under funny stuff because within the first couple of minutes I just couldnt stop laughing at some of the arrogant statements. If you deem it nessecarry to move it thats cool with me.

Ok Im not trying to boil anyones blood here and Im not trying to start a Fire vs EMS fight here but even as a Firefighter EMT I thought this was freaking rediculous.

I mean the only credible argument they made was when Eugine Nagal said that you didnt have to invent a whole new system by having firefighters take on EMS... which may have been true in the 60s or 70s but it dosnt even hold grounds today.

:lol: at care being seemless between all points on the star of life... too bad circle of life is already taken

And I guess because EMS is not trained to respond to a fire in 8-10 minutes before a flashover we can not handle responding to a cardiac arrest in 8-10 minutes before biological death.

Sorry Im still watching this video, its kinda long. Again Im a hose jockey and even Im having a hard time with this crap.

Wow.... my blood is freaking boiling. I dont know anything about hurricane andrew in terms of response but that was YEARS AGO!!! Tell me that private ambulances didnt make a response during and after Katrina!!! I mean damn I know alot of people that went from all the way the hell up here from AMR and other AMBULANCE agencies... I almost went to Galveston, TX myself.

These arguments are so irrelivent and prove nothing.

Wow, Spenac I hope your not watching this, I see your head exploding before you get half way through.

Wow, Spenac I hope your not watching this, I see your head exploding before you get half way through.

Spenac isn't the only one. I felt like gouging my eyes out watching this propaganda. Honestly I didn't find the humour in it. You tell me which is better. Having a truck full of firemen forced to become paramedics show up or having a team of degreed paramedics who have chosen the profession?

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot wait until someone tells one of those firefighters they have to take a transfer out of the hospital back to the nursing home or to another distant hospital at 3:00 in the morning -- "That's not my job!" Well, buddy, think again, that IS EMS' job! And you want to do it all -- Oh, No, just the "cool" calls! Can someone tell the IAFF that .... oh, that's right, NO ONE can tell the IAFF anything :-)

Can someone tell the IAFF that .... oh, that's right, NO ONE can tell the IAFF anything :-)
LOL! That's strong language coming from a Fireman.

Yeah, I felt the urge to hurl after watching that! :pukeleft: :knob:

Cripes, I'm pissed and it has almostr no impact on me!!!

I wonder if nancy caroline would be ticked off, seems these guys are taking a lot of credit for "modern ems" as being a firefighters invention.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.