Ocean Force - Huntington Beach

Dustdevil

Anyone watch this crap? I just now caught an episode by accident. I won't be watching it again, that's for sure. What a bunch of wankers. All strutting around like they're Navy SEALs or something, pretending they're cops, when they obviously don't know WTF they are talking about.

The best part was, some bimbo gets stung by a "stingray", then, while getting first aid from a "Marine Safety Officer" (puhleeze :roll: ), starts hyperventilating. So what does the MSO do? Puts her on oxygen by NRB and calls for paramedics for "anaphylaxis"! :lol: I mean seriously, it was blatantly obvious hyperventilation, even to the TV viewer! I thought for sure that the firemonkey medics would continue to treat her for anaphylaxis, but they pleasantly surprised me! They took one look at her, saw the carpal spasms, and pulled the O[sub:756a4d913f]2[/sub:756a4d913f] off her, then no-rided her. Funny how firemonkeys remember their diagnostic skills when it gets them out of a transport.

Is this show always this bad?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 words. Huntington Beach. I grew up in the next city over and, to tell the truth, I wouldn't mind if HB fell into the ocean tomorrow. (Besides, that means that my old house would be ocean front property now).

Edit: Did the firemedic get a med com order or an AMA? I don't recall Orange County having a protocol to refuse transport.

Besides, that means that my old house would be ocean front property now.

:lol:

http://www.trutv.com/shows/ocean_force/

Apparently, they move around to different beaches across the country, not just Huntington Beach.

2 words. Huntington Beach. I grew up in the next city over and, to tell the truth, I wouldn't mind if HB fell into the ocean tomorrow. (Besides, that means that my old house would be ocean front property now).

Edit: Did the firemedic get a med com order or an AMA? I don't recall Orange County having a protocol to refuse transport.

Nope just told her no. I was so proud, maybe he had read my posts here at the city.

OK, I have to admit, I watch this show. Yeah, some of these lifeguards are major buffs, but keep in mind the training they have. I always wanted to be a lifeguard, but never got around to it (and the bikinis help a little). One thing I have noticed is that the people on the show who are PD (marine bureau) are much less wackerish and truly are professional. I will continue to watch it and will let you all know about anything that may be of interest (I am will to take that hit for everyone here).

I first saw this show while doing my ED clinicals - the medics were variously rolling their eyes or laughing at it. I personally like the excessive use of alliteration to create (or try to create) some drama where little exists. In my opinion, Ski Patrol on TRU TV is even lamer. Their website describes the show as:

"Our cameras follow the men and women of ski patrol who risk their lives in the mountains, fighting avalanches, performing daring rescues and keeping unruly skiers and snowboarders from terrorizing the slopes." :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.trutv.com/shows/ski_patrol/index.html