Ocean Force - Huntington Beach

Dustdevil

No doubt.

HeroLifeguard: "SIR, Did you fall?"

Idiot victim: "Well, no. I was laying there when a stingray zapped my little toe."

HeroLifeguard: "Well, did you THINK you might fall?"

Idiot victim: "Well, maybe for a sec, but i didnt fall."

HeroLifeguard: "Dont move SIR!" "You may die or never blink again" "I must put this collar on you to save your life"

HeroLifeguard: "Hero One to base, come IN!" "We need a BUS on a rush, STAT!" "I have a 46 year old male that thought about falling" "Put a bird on standby and alert SWAT!"

LOL, I was watching the new episodes this week and was thinking the same thing. Everyone had "A life threatening spine injury," that could, "cause paralysis for life." I did find a few funny cases. There was a 51y/o lady (with a Brittish or Irish accent) who was body boarding and face planted in the sand. She had some shoulder pain so they boarded and collared her. While they were carrying her up to the ambulance she was keeping her arms above her head to block the sun. They asked her how she was doing and she said her arms were starting to go numb. Boy did they start to panic and double-timed it to the ambulance. Uhhhh, maybe we should put her arms down, I mean I'm no doctor or anything (oh wait, yes I am). At least EMS had the sense to go to the hospital with no lights and sirens. They even put her hands down and covered her eyes with their hands. Though they get -10 for sending a fire truck to an EMS call.

I also realized that none of them ever fell off a bike (must have been too busy surfing). They had a 4 or 6 year old who hit a crack in the sidewalk and hit his head. They determined that the kid must have a severe injury because when they poked him in the head where he hit the ground it hurt (go figure). Out came the backboard and collar. The kids was in his parents truck and had one guard behind him and one in front of him. He had a collar on and they put a NRB on him. The kid started crying, so they assumed that he was becoming combative. To top it off, he was tired (it was well after 10pm), which was an ever bigger sign of his brain herniating (my words, not theirs). It made me realize that my parents must have been horrible people. They would have told me to shake it off and go on about my business. Man, I must be a horrible parent, too. :lol:

So there you go, my wrap up of this week's episodes.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fire engine on an EMS call in So Cal (ESPECIALLY in Orange County?). Say it ain't so. At least this wasn't OCFA in Irvine who sends an engine and a fire department ambulance to every EMS call even though they use a private company to transport.

The best part was, some bimbo gets stung by a "stingray", then, while getting first aid from a "Marine Safety Officer" (puhleeze :roll: ), starts hyperventilating. So what does the MSO do? Puts her on oxygen by NRB and calls for paramedics for "anaphylaxis"!

Come on Dust... you know this guy musta been there when Steve Irwin took the sting ray to the heart. The poor guy is probably suffering from PTSD or some paragod syndrome.

lets not forget to mention that when they show the ambulance driving off with another life saved by the lifeguards, even if it has no lights on, they still play that stupid siren noise for dramatic effect. i just cant see anybody sitting at home going "OOoohhhhh......"

Im sure these guys know their jobs and all but this show makes em look like total, window licking tards.