What Are You Improving At Your Service ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not personally measuring anything. QI is the officers job. Fortunatley we are informed of things that need improvement or we are doing well on. Additionally everyone seems checks eachother and themselves. After my first call to the max security state prison in our district my preceptor and driver both gave me feedback on how to work best there. Pretty much everything being load and go.

Well if your service is that good, I think you owe it to the rest of the world to try to improve EMS as a whole. Maybe you could do a study or try a new drug or piece of equipment. Maybe your protocols could be a little more aggressive.

From Those Who Have Been Given Much, Much Will Be Expected !

Actually that is a personal goal of mine. I would really like to go for my EMS-I and my Medic... maybe RN down the road. Find a place where I can EARN my place as a leader.

I was in the Army for a short time and between my time there, and other places Ive worked Ive been told Im a good leader. That if I work on my self-confidence (admitadley it can be low and I tend to second guess myself) I could do some damage.

In terms of my view of my leadership abilities... I dont know how well Ill do on an administrative level. But on a personel level Ive been told I do well with training, talking to and listening to others.

Ok my high horse rant is done lol

In England we have to get to Category B calls within 19 minutes.

I am currently seconded to a University and being paid by the department of health to come up with alternative indicators other than a response time.

I am initially looking at clinical outcomes, patient experiances, clinical interventions and time to definitive care on Cat B calls.

I have one year to achieve this and if it works then the whole of England will be affected by the change in service mesurements on thier performance.

Mike

You win Pond Life! That's some excellent, sorely needed research that I hope the rest of the world will promptly rip off. Response times are far more arbitrary then they are treated but we need good research to push them aside a bit.

I hope you'll post your research when it's finished. I'd be interested to read it.

- Matt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.