Outrage over organs ‘sold to foreigners’

itku2er

And here I thought crime is often motivated by not having enough money. Any any rate, creating a black-market in a commodity most certainly leads to crime. What's wrong with Teri's offer (besides maybe the particular bid)? Who loses when you sell a kidney?

There is black market in some 3rd world countrys already. Brokers get body parts and those with money buy them. The only loser is the one that lost the body parts at times even losing their lives.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Volunteering should completely substitute for earning money through one's services? Odd to be reading that on this board... :?

There is black market in some 3rd world countrys already. Brokers get body parts and those with money buy them. The only loser is the one that lost the body parts at times even losing their lives.

So is outlawing it, as with other Prohibitions, helping anyone except enriching unscrupulous middle-men?

Playing devil's advocate here: its a perfect world you are offered a the money with all medicals paid now and later. You are well compensated for your days off work. You are a perfect match for donation. Would you do it for the money?

People with money get organs faster all the time.

There is a bone marrow site where one can register and have their type displayed. People looking for marrow donations will log in, see if you match and then are able to contact you through the system.

Tell me no financial incentive is ever involved. :)

Larry Hagman sure got a liver real fast after he killed his first one with ETOH.

People with money get organs faster all the time.

There is a bone marrow site where one can register and have their type displayed. People looking for marrow donations will log in, see if you match and then are able to contact you through the system.

Tell me no financial incentive is ever involved. :)

Larry Hagman sure got a liver real fast after he killed his first one with ETOH.

I don't care how much money if you destroyed your own and still live a bad life style I do not think you should be able to get transplant even with cash.

if you destroyed your own and still live a bad life style I do not think you should be able to get transplant

Hmm. Not what I expected to read. What other injuries should be left untreated because we disapprove of the way they were incurred? I don't see why Terri's example is one from the devil's advocate; so far it seems perfectly legitimate. And I recall the Indian gang of organ traffickers. Wouldn't legalizing the trade put them out of business, as with repealing other Prohibitions? People who wanted to sell parts of their bodies would do so in a free market and get the best price in open bidding. Normal, like selling your car, your advice, or your hair. Someone please tell me what the problem is.

Hmm. Not what I expected to read. What other injuries should be left untreated because we disapprove of the way they were incurred? I don't see why Terri's example is one from the devil's advocate; so far it seems perfectly legitimate. And I recall the Indian gang of organ traffickers. Wouldn't legalizing the trade put them out of business, as with repealing other Prohibitions? People who wanted to sell parts of their bodies would do so in a free market and get the best price in open bidding. Normal, like selling your car, your advice, or your hair. Someone please tell me what the problem is.

I just do not agree with placing them ahead of a poor person just because they have money. Their choices caused it. OK if no one else qualifys for that organ they can have it.

No people would do it cheaper illegally, less restrictions and all. Honestly I would see people start having or adopting kids so they could make money selling there kids second kidney. Just to many ways for it to be abused. It would do more harm than good and keep those with no money where they would have 0% chance of getting transplants.