Personal Gear Bags

Fox800

Do you stash a bag with personal items on the truck? What do you keep in it? What kind o' bag is it?

Ex. Food, toiletries, batteries for things, interesting EMS supplies that your service doesn't stock so you acquired over the years, etc etc.

My protective gear bag has all of my issued PPE items + a spare uniform + other doodads. That's bunker gear, a winter/rain jacket, helmet, work gloves, ballistic vest, spare station boots, spare shirt/pants/belt/undergarments, and a small toiletry bag with deodorant, contact lens fluid, toothbrush/toothpaste, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Tums, etc.

I bring a duffle bag with a spare uniform, my helmet, work gloves and hi-viz vest (as a student we bring them with us rather than use what's on the ambulance) and a change of socks, underwear and undershirt. I also pack my lunch, notebook and handbook of pathophysiology some extra pens and the charger for my phone. I also pack my deodorant and toothbrush. The uniform and toiletries are in the main bag and I take out the smaller one with just my lunch and school stuff with the helmet clipped on to bring on the ambulance. I found the whole bag just took up space and got in the way.

Usually on the rig Ill have a small duffel or satchel with:

*Spare uniform

*A state map book

*Area state map books (if working transport)

*Snacks (usualy granola bars)

*A bottle of water

*A book or magazine (usually JEMS or EMS)

In my POV I generally have extra toiletries, a change of underwear and under shirt, a sweater, a couple of movies and my laptop.

Oh yea forgot the excedrine which is in my ambulance bag... thanks crotch! Also havea boot/shoe polish kit in my POV.

I thought I was weird for polishing my boots. No one else in my program bothers. Now I overpolished my boots one time and when I was done running a scenario in class I'd left black scuffs all over the floor.

I thought I was weird for polishing my boots. No one else in my program bothers. Now I overpolished my boots one time and when I was done running a scenario in class I'd left black scuffs all over the floor.

Its force of habbit for me. I worked for a service where they were total uniform nazis. It was cool that they were very motivated towards proffesional appearance but sometimes it went to far. Without trying or intending to jack the thread this was our uniform shirt; 2 company patches one shoulder the other left breast, one cert level shoulder patch, one photo ID name badge, one metal name tag, one full time service pin (if applicable). I have been disciplined for not having my full time service pin (which I understand is uniform polocy but its a part of the uniform that means nothing to the public) and also been disciplined for not having my name tag, even though the ID badge is supposed to be visible on the uniform as well. Both times I have not had either pin was because they use cheap backing/holders and we didnt have an option to get better ones.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.