Taunton mayor nixes fire deptartment ambulance

CBEMT

"The Fire Department had been looking to take over operation of the ambulance service to bring revenue into Taunton, and argued that they are usually the first at accident scenes, and their paramedics offer medical services already."

This would consist of a NRB @ 25 lpm, usually put on backwards w/ the bag bouncing off the pt's head like a punching bag! not to mention their piss poor assessments, the standard 120/80 for BP (even without a pulse!), and the "hey guys, can we go ahead and go? we have a grass fire to take care of" bullsh!t.

Just another attempt by fire to justify their numbers. Sorry water fairies, try elbowing out the sanitation department. I've heard you can modify a quint into a garbage truck just by adding a front-end loader. Maybe the IAFF will step in in help the city with the start-up costs. Those a-holes will do anything to increase their membership!

Just another attempt by fire to justify their numbers. Sorry water fairies, try elbowing out the sanitation department. I've heard you can modify a quint into a garbage truck just by adding a front-end loader. Maybe the IAFF will step in in help the city with the start-up costs. Those a-holes will do anything to increase their membership!

You laugh... the heavy rescue of a neighboring department (when I lived in another town) was an old garbage truck chassis with a box replacing the compactor.

:twisted: water fairies :twisted: Thats a good one, never heard it before... lol I love that. I happen to be a FF but thats still great.

I really hope that 2009 sees you posting a lot more often around here! :thumbright:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.