EMTCITY PARAMEDIC CHALLENGE

OK guys, please move to the next question, the point was to create a difficult dopamine drip problem --- whether or not you would ever do it in the field, isnt important. The point was to challenge you to "do the math" on a dopamine drip problem instead of using "cheats". Someone has posted a new question.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rapid transport. May have to place fingers into vagina and form an airway, if able suction mouth then nose. May even need to provide supplemental oxygen. If way out at the end of nowhere this will be your longest ride ever. If head has protruded from vagina makes your job much easier. You also have to encourage mother not to push, which all the women says is tough.

OOPs forgot, this baby ain't coming out w/o a c-section. So care is supportive for mother and baby.

I was reading a OB book the other day and found an answer but it wasn't one I wanted to hear or see. Scary.

does anyone know the answer I am referring too? The book is about 11 years old though.

If you are dealing with shouder dystocia then the head is already out. These babies can still be delivered vaginally without injury to mother or baby. I'll let others come up with the answers (I can't do all of the work for you :lol: ).

I was reading a OB book the other day and found an answer but it wasn't one I wanted to hear or see. Scary.

does anyone know the answer I am referring too? The book is about 11 years old though.

Are you talking about collapsing the shoulders or breaking mothers pelvis? There were some big names for those procedures but that was basically what was discussed in one big book if I remember. But in the field its basically keep mother breathing and baby breathing which may require hold vagina away from face or keep it from squeezing on babys throat.

If you are dealing with shouder dystocia then the head is already out. These babies can still be delivered vaginally without injury to mother or baby. I'll let others come up with the answers (I can't do all of the work for you :lol: ).

The procedures I recall reading about and mentioned in my reply to Ruff still had high incidence of serious injury to mother and baby. I know books mention attempting rotation of baby in order to slide shoulders through but I seem to recall sometimes that did not work and required more aggressive methods.

The procedures I recall reading about and mentioned in my reply to Ruff still had high incidence of serious injury to mother and baby. I know books mention attempting rotation of baby in order to slide shoulders through but I seem to recall sometimes that did not work and required more aggressive methods.

I'm not saying that aggressive maneuvers aren't required sometimes, though with c-sections they don't need to be done frequently. There are several things that can be done that are uncomfortable but don't cause severe injury.