EMTCITY PARAMEDIC CHALLENGE

Modeled after the "take it or leave it game" post, I am suggesting a new game to challenge your knowledge or skills. I am posting this game under an EMT and Paramedic heading. Here is how it works:

You challenge us by asking a hard EMS question; could be terminology, A&P, a drug calculation, pharmacology, whatever you think is a hard question. We are then challenged to answer it, WITHOUT CHEATING BY LOOKING AT THE INTERNET OR OUR OLD TEXTBOOKS. Once you answer the question, you then post a new hard question. Remember, you are on the honor system:

I will post the first hard question:

You have a 2kg premie infant that needs a dopamine drip. You have 1600mg of Dopamine in a 100cc bag of NACL (you dont want to overload the child with fluid). You want to administer 7mcgs with a 60gtt set.

What is your drip rate ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modeled after the "take it or leave it game" post, I am suggesting a new game to challenge your knowledge or skills. I am posting this game under an EMT and Paramedic heading. Here is how it works:

You challenge us by asking a hard EMS question; could be terminology, A&P, a drug calculation, pharmacology, whatever you think is a hard question. We are then challenged to answer it, WITHOUT CHEATING BY LOOKING AT THE INTERNET OR OUR OLD TEXTBOOKS. Once you answer the question, you then post a new hard question. Remember, you are on the honor system:

I will post the first hard question:

You have a 2kg premie infant that needs a dopamine drip. You have 1600mg of Dopamine in a 100cc bag of NACL (you dont want to overload the child with fluid). You want to administer 7mcgs with a 60gtt set.

What is your drip rate ?

You stole my game! :D:D

Why dont you aim the game at the NON medics too there some that have no clue about the drips and things of ALS nature.

You mean like this thread:

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13954

Just checking :!:

Thanks JP I didnt know there was one like that out there my bad..... I apologize thanks for sharing that one!

sounds like a cop-out to me, if that were true there would be "0" views. Just be honest and admit you cant work out a dopamine drip unless it is one that fits into your "pocket field guide's parameters".

But that is Ok, if you dont like my question, post your own --- it is no longer my thread once you post another question.

What is your drip rate ?

Is that 7mcgs total or 7mcg/kg/min?

Wouldn't want a medication error.

To be honest I do use the little feild guide but I am not a medic either but for nursing purposes we have them all calculated for us and all we do is program it in the iv machine and I have never given dopamine to a baby this one is way over my head that is why I cant answer it.