Lets change the E in EMS.....

explenture

Some of the basics where I work hospital based like:

Every

Menial

Task

If you want to reduce the number of BS calls, try charging $100 at the door for transport with the rest of the bill to be sent to their insurance. :twisted:

Any system or procedure can and will be abused.

This is a problem that won't be solved by a name change or a segment on the local news. Any facility or company that has the "You call, we haul" policy will always have this problem. I'm hoping for the scenario that has been discussed here before where the appropriatly trained paramedics are able to expand their treatment on scene and leave the patient with the instructions and the medications or a script to take care of their concern.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust, I may not be able to prove it, but I swear I read about an Urban EMS system, that took "Emergency Medical Services" off their trucks and letterhead, and changed it to "XYZ County Paramedics". It seems their patients often confused EMS with EMC (Energy Membership Coop -- Power companies), so they changed it to what everyone knew, Paramedics.

Did you possibly read that, I don't know, on this thread a few posts above yours?

A few of the services have started changing their names in this Province from EMS to "_________ Paramedic Services."

Ottawa EMS is now Ottawa Paramedic Services. This was based on ease of translation (looks similar in English and French) and to recognize the Paramedics specifically. Also it brought them in line with Ottawa Police Services, and Ottawa Fire Services in the nomenclature.

Peel Regional EMS also recently switched to Peel Regional Paramedic Services.

These are two of the biggest services in Ontario.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.