Bondi lifeguards bring man back to life

iMac

Please keep in mind this documentary is broadcast on prime time TV. If you view a few more episodes you will pick up on the many mistakes these lifeguards make due to clinical incompetence and lack of education. I have heard a lot of the incidences are staged and rehearsed, there is an episode were the camera is literally 2 meters away from a 'drowning' victim yet the camera operator does not step into help nor does the victim acknowledge the camera operator in the slightest.

The TV show it's self portrays and makes reference to the lifeguards as 'heroes'. There really nothing more than basic first aiders with surf rescue skills on very good wages who are more interested in a modelling contract than actually delivering quality care.

The details are really immaterial, a life was saved. That's usually the goal. Nothing irks me more than putting off the goal, to spot light on the faults. Those who never make mistakes, never make much of anything.

The details are really immaterial, a life was saved. That's usually the goal. Nothing irks me more than putting off the goal, to spot light on the faults. Those who never make mistakes, never make much of anything.

I agree with you. What was posted in response to the video was useless but I guess his work is pristine.

I agree with you. What was posted in response to the video was useless but I guess his work is pristine.

Did he sy that? i certainly didn't read it. Think of Tim's comment as a lot less to do with the posted video and a lot more to do with frustration with the bullshit PR coverage we get subjected to all the time. Its like Big Brother or Britney Spears, after a while you just get sick of seeing or hearing anything about it.

I’m not trying to “pick the faults” merely referring to reality. Sure, they saved the guys life yippy, yahoo – it was probably staged and rehearsed.

You need to see the episode were these lifeguards with there years of medical training and rescue skills give a patient in sever pain administering methoxyflurane without even consulting the patient in regards to contraindications. Methoxyflurane is quiet nephrotoxic hence its quiet important to know if the patient has renal problems or if they take any medications in particular tetracycline antibiotics to avoid further renal complications.

I can think of numours occasions were these ‘lifeguards’ have screwed up, yet the public love them. A lot of the Australian public idolize these people because they jump in and drag people from the surf yet the people who have the real education and experience are never spoken of.

Don’t even get me started on Big Brother! :evil:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.