I'm not try to laugh but........

TDP

I'll be sure and prove the point to you next time I'm in AB. You just have to hold still and wait for it. If it doesn't hurt, I'll publicly apologise.

That kinda reminds me of when my grandpa use to beat me with his slipper when he got mad.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no positions available at this time for under the desk. This is a field experiment.

:shock: :o

That was over the top! To quote Russ Hodges:

Hartung down the line at third, not taking any chances. Lockman without too big of a lead at second, but he'll be running like the wind if Thomson hits one. Branca throws. There's a long drive. It's gonna be, I believe -- The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant! Bobby Thomson hits into the lower deck of the left-field stands! The Giants win the pennant! And they're going crazy! They're going crazy! Oh-ho!

A shoe won't hurt?

Doubt that.

You've never had a boot fall off the table, or other elevated platform, while polishing the boot's mate, landing on top of your unshod foot? Heck, I've had that happen a couple of times when polishing up my black leather NuBalance sneakers!

I was wondering where the Secret Service was. The guy shouldn't have been able to throw one shoe, none the less two of them. They are usually more alert than they were. Just think if he had a gun. He'd been able to empty a full clip before any security reacted.

Security was tight as Hell. But that was outside the venue. Metal detectors and bomb sniffers give the SS a false sense of security. They figure there are no weapons in the building, so no problems are anticipated. They were caught completely off guard by this improvisation, as they figured the only threats would be from someone physically approaching the podium.

After the event, they tore the shoes apart making sure there was no plastique in them.

Someone with demolition expertise please qualify this, but doesn't "Plastique", AKA "C4" require either an electrical charge or some kind of percussive "cap" to set off the explosion? The "Shoe Bomber" tried to set the C4 in his shoe off by "torching" it with a cigarette lighter, unsuccessfully, and was tackled by other passengers.