I'm not try to laugh but........

TDP

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree or disagree with whether it was deserved here's the one thing I don't get. The protests over his arrest in Iraq.

If I assault someone in protest, I expect to be legally prosecuted and to pay the consequences of my protest. You can't do these things and not be accountable for your actions.

Agree or disagree with whether it was deserved here's the one thing I don't get. The protests over his arrest in Iraq.

If I assault someone in protest, I expect to be legally prosecuted and to pay the consequences of my protest. You can't do these things and not be accountable for your actions.

See I agree,but I don't. I think people should be able to speak,and show how they feel about situations,especially those in which that they as individuals or as a community will be affected. Sure,throwing a shoe at the "president" is disrespectful,but you have to understand both sides of the story. I don't think a shoe,would hurt anyone considering the hurt "Bush" has put on the world. It sounds negative,but thats my opinion. Sorry if i've offended anyone.

Don't worry I'm not offended. I am by no means a fan of GW Bush. In terms of Iraq I'm not in favour of the pretenses by which the United States and Britain went to war, but I do believe that once you create a mess you clean it up, see it through and make sure that the effort and sacrifice of those who have done what was required of them by their country is not thrown away by a lack of political will. I won't say more than that at this time because I don't want to make this discussion about the war (Iraq or Afghanistan).

Speak and show how they feel is indeed good and right in any democratic society. That right ends up the commission of a crime. The shoe thrower attempted to assault someone crossing the line from his right to speech to another's right to not be hit in the head with a shoe. Now I don't know Iraq's definition of assault, but a quick wiki search (a very reputable source. :P ) found that even the threat of violence can be an assault charge in some jurisdictions.

Once again, not a Bush supporter. But I am a supporter of the rule of law and the democratic state and doing time for the crime is supposed to go along with that.

Wiki Assault

Considering the 'meaning' of the shoes that were thrown at President Bush, you have to ask yourselves this question:

What do you think would happen to you in a 'democratic and free society', if you were to do something that insulted or jeopardized the safety of a visiting dignitary to your country?

It doesn't matter if the shoes were thrown in 'protest' or with the intent of knocking President Bush's head off his shoulders. I'm shocked by how many people are 'amazed' that this incident got the reporter locked up.

Even in the USA, with all its freedoms and rights....you can only go to certain limits while protesting. Anything beyond those limits will land your ass in jail!

I've asked this question before, and got no answers, so I'll ask it here: When Obama takes office (God help the country then!), what are all you members of the "Bush Haters Club" going to do? Your scapegoat isn't going to be around for you to blame everything and anything on!

I don't think a shoe,would hurt anyone...

I'll be sure and prove the point to you next time I'm in AB. You just have to hold still and wait for it. If it doesn't hurt, I'll publicly apologise.