Bodies

jordanfstop

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I comment that I am unsure if this is New York City or New York State rules/regulations, but bodies cannot be transported in anything but an enclosed vehicle.

To illustrate, when they were getting ready to transport body bags from the Flight 587 crash, it couldn't be done by pickup trucks, so after stripping the stretchers and equipment normally on the ambulance floors, they used the ambulances to transport 10 body bags each, stacked inside, to the temporary morgue set up across Jamaica Bay at the NYPD Police Aviation Hangar, at Floyd Bennett Field.

Oh, I'd love it for sure! In the summer, at least. :lol:

I just don't believe that EMS should be running body calls any more than firemonkeys should be running EMS. If it's important to the community, then they'll find a way to deal with it. Let the sheriff or the RCMP sell a couple radar guns and buy a Suburban to carry the bodies in. After all, post mortem, it's a police issue, not a medical issue. And as long as you let them take advantage of you like that, it cheapens your true value to the community.

Dust just so you know I like living in BC. Maybe you should come and visit you'd probably have the time of your life. That is if you could keep up.

We just do what we have to do to get the job done in hickville

lol :lol:

HEY ... Dont limit this to Dust only and dont forget Bledsoe, He would love the place and so would Emma his lady. Hey let's tune a few up, want a free ACP registered with BCAS in April ... maybe do a bit of of a symposium in Masset ? ... wtf bring BEB in too.

Dust already has an offer to see what its like in North Vancover Island it OPEN INVITATION. But I WILL be the Guide wherever I have assesed needs, my call, PERIOD. I have 22 ft Zodiac, 100 horse can take at least 12 or more bodies plus KIT and my 2 kids... my son at 15 can read a GPS hes my second ... a Zodiac of this size is licence to travel open water, Watch Whales and Bears, Crabing and Kill fish ++++.

ps theres no snakes on Bledoes ranch ... I looked @ 6 in the AM ! LOL.

Have a friend on Green Island (an ex Green Peace dude Medic, bosnia, somalia kinda deal ) I would have to visit him first, maybe a 3 day trip (a light house keeper) before the Charlotte's, pick a nice flat water day and blast over @ 30 knots or take the Ferry out of Rupert, I am open to suggestions.

Big thing is fuel for me always in that area ... got any contacts over there Happiness like entrance to Douglas channel ? Don't forget we ARE dealing with landlubers here that have no idea what it takes to travel one KM in dense bush let alone 50 kms of open water .. ps I do have survival suits too, I will take care of em.

Or maybe Fly anyone intested s into Terrace for a hot tub and go from there by car ... Masset is so awesome cool too, even if you sit on land with Binoculars eating crab and salmon till you explode.

If anyone thinks I am kidding about this ... eat my DUST lol.

contact pm if you want to see the most beautiful place left on the planet (seriously) and virtually untouched temperate rainforest, this is where Happyness really lives and provides service to her community.

KUDOS

cheers

squint

Did anybody else remember the ambulance industry started as an offshoot of the funeral home business? Where else would or could you get a vehicle capable of carrying someone laying down, but with the company's hearse?

I have seen pictures, and others on EMT City have commented similarly, on hearse style ambulances with switchable signs saying "Ambulance" and "Funeral Car".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.