Washington DC medics in trouble again

zzyzx

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not the job of the Paramedic to diagnose Acid Reflux or an MI. If c/c is chest pain, you treat it as a possible MI. Why would the Medics push their opinion of Acid Reflux or GURD over an MI?

It was just a bad call made by all concerned.

Ya...I can't stand what might be the medical equivalent of a "rekindle." :shock:

Never thought of it like that, I like that term.

Let's not jump to any conclusions---------maybe it was the pt. who was adamant about not seeking treatment. How many times have you had the MI pt. adamantly refuse to go even though you say hey look at this EKG---you will die! Sometimes people have to be accountable for their own stupid mistakes.

All I am really saying is that I don't know whats going on in this scenario and I refuse to blame the medic or emt without knowing the truth.

Let's not jump to any conclusions---------maybe it was the pt. who was adamant about not seeking treatment. How many times have you had the MI pt. adamantly refuse to go even though you say hey look at this EKG---you will die! Sometimes people have to be accountable for their own stupid mistakes.

All I am really saying is that I don't know whats going on in this scenario and I refuse to blame the medic or emt without knowing the truth.

Even if he did adamately refuse treatment/transport of his own accord...I'm fairly confident that EMS would be blamed either way-thus the responsable party.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.