Minimum Equipment

fiznat

CB, you may wanna stash a box in your POV so you at least don't end up screwed by the moron brigade...

That sucks, dude!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CB, you may wanna stash a box in your POV so you at least don't end up screwed by the moron brigade...

I did, when I finally found a glove brand that was better than what the company started (eventually) giving out. Then I realized that the principle was more important, so I became a gigantic pain in the ass to management. Sometimes I got everything I needed, sometimes not. Fortunately I only worked weekdays, because the supply closet got locked when the boss' nephew left Friday afternoon and wouldn't be reopened until at least Monday morning.

The only other key was in the alarmed inner office, and THAT stayed alarmed till Monday when the billing girls came in.

Not that the supervisor on duty had the authority to use the key even then. Had to be Ops or the nephew (who was the handyman).

Fortunately I don't work there anymore. At my part time gig, if I need something, and officer comes and unlocks the closet. At my full time job, I have the key. :wink:

That almost sounds like a company I used to work for. They kept the cabinets IN the ambulance locked, and didn't give a key to the crew, for fear we'd actually use the supplies on calls, and they'd have to pay for more supplies. At least we knew we made the minimums on supplies, all the time.

Me: "Can you tell Dispatch I'm not ready for calls yet? I need gloves- there are ZERO gloves on this truck, and since the new memo says I could be fired for taking equipment from another truck, I guess that means I'll need some from the supply closet."

Ops: "Just steal a box from the nursing home or hospital on your first run."

Me: "Ok, and what happens when my first call is a private address pickup?"

Ops: ".............................." *throws up his hands and walks away.*

You sure you don't work at my company?????? The the same shit they would say!

I have my own "acquired" gloves...

and just tonight I noticed all my NRB masks and all but 1 nasal canula was missing in the truck, i have no clue what daylight did with them... and of course I notice it mid emergency, because of course we got sent out on a transport... :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.