Life surpasses satire

Michael

BOMB CANADIA NOW!!! IDIOTS!!!

PLEASE tell me this was in The Onion, and is not a real news story!

I thought the idea of college was education, not indoctrination. Obviously, not a single one of these morans has done any academic research into the topic, or they would know better. Hell, I would imagine that even Wikipedia could have told them that much. As both a respiratory therapist who used to work in a CF ward, as well as a paediatric nurse, I can assure you that their entire premise is nonsense. It does NOT primarily affect whites. And it does NOT primarily affect men. It primarily affects CHILDREN, who never live to become men or women either way.

I am really, really, frightened for the future of the world in the hands of the next generation.

I am really, really, frightened for the future of the world in the hands of the next generation.

I am too......

HOLD ME DUST!!!! :D:(

The latest is apparently they're reconsidering.

In my experience with dealing with student government types, is take the worst of the idiotic politician types, fill them up with alot of idealism and rhetoric, take away any concept of how the real world works, stir in an even more apathetic electorate and give them no real power but more money than most students have ever seen and you get this bull. I hate student "government" so much that I've considered running on a platform of "if elected I will cut funding to the government to the minimum needed to administer the health insurance plan, refunding it to the students. I will then strip naked dance around the meeting until it's declared a shambles and I'm impeached." I'm willing to bet money I'd be elected in a landslide with the highest voter turnout.

My younger daughter is the proud product of this university system. She lives in Toronto and has her head so far up her ass its scary. I love her to death but her pronouncements on issues have me staring blankly in disbelief. Needless to say, her friends all sympathize with her for having a mother that is so reactionary as to be "intellectually abusive". By this they mean someone who pops holes into their touchy feely fantasies about how the world is. I am "disrespectful" and hopelessly out of touch with what is going on. :D

wiped out

Hooking Up,]In 1968, in San Francisco, I came across a curious footnote to the hippie movement. At the Haight-Ashbury Free Clinic, there were doctors treating diseases no living doctor had ever encountered before, diseases that had disappeared so long ago they had never even picked up Latin names, diseases such as the mange, the grunge, the itch, the twitch, the thrush, the scroff, the rot. And how was it that they now returned? It had to do with the fact that thousands of young men and women had migrated to San Francisco to live communally in what I think history will record as one of the most extraordinary religious fevers of all time.

The hippies sought nothing less than to sweep aside all codes and restraints of the past and start from zero. At one point, the novelist Ken Kesey, leader of a commune called the Merry Pranksters, organized a pilgrimage to Stonehenge with the idea of returning to Anglo-Saxon’s point zero, which he figured was Stonehenge, and heading out all over again to do it better. Among the codes and restraints that people in the communes swept aside--quite purposely--were those that said you shouldn’t use other people’s toothbrushes or sleep on other people’s mattresses without changing the sheets, or as was more likely, without using any sheets at all, or that you and five other people shouldn’t drink from the same bottle of Shasta or take tokes from the same cigarette. And now, in 1968, they were relearning…the laws of hygiene…by getting the mange, the grunge, the itch, the twitch, the thrush, the scroff, the rot.

This process, namely the relearning--following a Promethean and unprecedented start from zero--seems to me to be the leitmotif of the twenty-first century in America.