I never read melamine found in mother's breast milk

akflightmedic

Well I was going on your comment that you found it hard to believe that I feel that way about breast feeding is where the ego came in at. Maybe I read more into your comments than was there, if so I apologize.

But honestly if you agree before hand to breast feed then hey go for it, its just a simple fact that some women dont want to, as for reasons yeah some are vain and laziness may come into play and some don't want to do it because of waking up and all that crap.

But if it was a choice made between two people before the baby was born then all the better. But I dont think a woman should breast feed if she really doesnt want to.

I do hate the argument that the woman is the only one that has a say when it comes to the baby. The father should have some rights in the anything that affects the well being of the baby including abortion, breastfeeding etc. It takes two to make the child. Only time not applicable would be sperm donors, rape. But if sex was agreed upon both should have some rights in the decisions that affect the health of the baby born or unborn.

Breastfeeding has been shown to be much better for the baby. To avoid the only the woman suffering do as many woman do and use a pump, then the man can get up and feed. The woman can still work and the babysitter feed breastmilk. And as brought out there are groups where woman donate milk so woman that just for whatever reason are unable to produce milk can still feed baby breastmilk.

Yes I understand this is still more work for the woman but whether you believe creation or evolution the fact that the female ended up as the only one able to breastfeed their really must be a reason for it.

I am not wanting to argue just stating my opinions as a father. Fathers have rights to.

As to cracked, chafed, sore nipples. There are ways to prepare for that before lactation begins, and this is the best of both worlds for men! You get full credit for being a compassionate part of the child bearing process, while playing some awsome nipple games!! :D How can that be wrong?

And as to feeling obligated to use your biological equipment because you were born with it. I mean, c'mon. Men step up to the plate (so to speak) to fulfill our biological obligations at every opportunity, it's only reasonable that women should do the same!

But being serious. Babs was nervous about breast feeing before Dylan was born, but it was important to me. We agreed that we'd do all of the prep stuff we'd read about to help prepare her, though my participation is assumed in our relationship so did not need to be agreed upon. And decided that if after giving it an honest attempt that she would pump if possible and use formula if not.

I also had concerns about her breast feeding if it caused her significant pain. (Yeah, here I get wierd again) I worried that there would be subtle messages sent to the baby if mom was in pain each time they bonded in this way. I was afraid that it would cause damage to that bonding. Not sure, have never heard it addressed, but still.

So it worked out for us. I think she should have felt obligated to attempt it, and she did feel so. If it had been significantly traumatic for her, we would have both been on the same page and made different plans. All worked out fine, with her having some significant dicomfort on milk letdown for one or two seconds but then comfort.

On the flip side though, had she been able to do so, but chosen not to for reasons other than discussed...I would have been way pissed. He was already jinxed with me for a father, he needed every other benefit possible. Choosing to cheat him out of the proven benefits of breast milk nutrition for some shallow, or silly reason would have been an issue. (Though babs is sometimes beautifully silly, she's never shallow, so again, a non issue.)

Just sayin'....

Dwayne

My ex worked as a lactate consultant on the side of doing ICU. Most women do not realize how important breastfeeding is to a baby.

Most nowadays don't breastfeed out of pure laziness and nothing else. There are very few women that cannot actually do it, due to medical reasons

Formula is just easier to grab and shove in! Wonder why we have so many obese kids in this country?? :roll:

R u kidding? Breast fed kids are WAY FATTER than formula babies!