This should never have happened... your thoughts?

itku2er

When you hunt, you shoot the deer on the way to you or when he's standing in front of you. You don't try to shoot him as he's leaving. :lol: Sorry, deer opener is tomorrow.

But seriously, if that's the way cops should operate, then the next time a cop wants to pull me over for speeding, he should wait until I'm done with work and on my way home.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are comparing apples and oranges.

If the LEOs are going to make an arrest, or issue a ticket, discretion as to possible extenuating circumstances of making that arrest or issuing that ticket should be excercized. They may still jump in, or they might hold back until later (with someone keeping eyeballs on the suspect). Play it case by case, there probably is no "cookie cutter" answer here.

Huh?? :scratch:

I think the FBI could have waited until at least the hearse had pulled away and / or most of the mourners had left. They could have even tailed him to the cemetery if need be. But just coming up to a guy and zapping him right in the middle of friends and family, I think is a little premature.

Oh, also, if a scuffle breaks out at a funeral, people think it might be a drug deal related thing, because TV and the movies have used that as a plot device so often, that in reality, people are almost conditioned to think it, until events and circumstances tell them otherwise. It's the "Guilty until proven innocent" thang.

I think the FBI could have waited until at least the hearse had pulled away and / or most of the mourners had left. They could have even tailed him to the cemetery if need be. But just coming up to a guy and zapping him right in the middle of friends and family, I think is a little premature.

You must be talking about a different article from the rest of us, because the FBI had nothing to do with this. :dontknow:

You must be talking about a different article from the rest of us, because the FBI had nothing to do with this. :dontknow:

A North Carolina sheriff's official has apologized for plunging a funeral into chaos when undercover agents tried to arrest the dead man's son...

I guess the terms undercover and agents threw me off, DD. Sorry.

But they still should have waited.

I have a better idea. He wants to be there for the funeral, he is supposed to surrender when it's over. The funeral was over he obviously wanted to go to the grave side service. The LEO's probably thought he might not go instead of turning himself in he would run. So handcuff him to the casket, He can ride with dad to the cemetery, while they follow. Its called compromise! :D

Isn't that what they try to do with us. at least dad wont get combative or have a critical change of condition.

The line reads undercover agents. When asked to ID, did one say he was "Bond. James Bond"? Another responded "Jason Borne"?

lol

:glasses5: :laughing6: :glasses4: