Sir, please step out of that wheelchair with your hands up

Michael

But was he in actual need of a wheelchair or just "barrowed" one for the heist?

Does being physically disabled automatically raise you to a higher moral echelon?

BTW penetrating objects travelling at high velocity through human tissues often impact the spinal column at some point frequently causing neurological impairment. Perhaps a lifestyle choice?

Does being physically disabled automatically raise you to a higher moral echelon?

BTW penetrating objects travelling at high velocity through human tissues often impact the spinal column at some point frequently causing neurological impairment. Perhaps a lifestyle choice?

Oh great. I'm disabled. Does that mean I have to be a better person than I was before I was disabled? Crap, something else for me to work on.

When I'm in the trauma bay...we usually see 2-3 GSW's a night (sometimes more...like this past Sat. night we had 6 "reds" chest/abd shots in about 45 minutes). Maybe once in a great while they hit the spine. The VAST MAJORITY of spinal injuries comes from MVC's/falls, etc. I can honestly tell you I've only seen 2, maybe 3 in my 2 years at the hospital. So I wouldn't exactly say it's a "frequent" occurence. Or, maybe the vatos down here are bad shots... :shock:

When I'm in the trauma bay...we usually see 2-3 GSW's a night (sometimes more...like this past Sat. night we had 6 "reds" chest/abd shots in about 45 minutes). Maybe once in a great while they hit the spine. The VAST MAJORITY of spinal injuries comes from MVC's/falls, etc. I can honestly tell you I've only seen 2, maybe 3 in my 2 years at the hospital. So I wouldn't exactly say it's a "frequent" occurence. Or, maybe the vatos down here are bad shots... :shock:

We had one "kid" that was shot in the back and became a paraplegic from it. (I was on the call and I still don't know how he lived) Drug deal gone bad or girl friend, I can't remember exactly. But he got to where he could get around, even drive. He would use a ball bat to work the pedals. I don't know how many times he'd get caught. He was still dealing, from his car. And when he would get caught they considered the bat he used as a weapon. He was known for using it.

They'd take him in, but since the County, at the time, have facilities for those in wheelchairs, he got to go home. He knew that's all they could do with him. THEN they made the facilities. He learned real quick that they could now keep him, for a looong time if need be.