Sued for doing CPR?

AnthonyM83

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly?

Somehow someone being the color of a dead fish with every body fluid coming out of every orifice just takes away any hotness factor. My $.02 on this story. Either A. Its bullshit, out and out bullshit, the story told right after the one about the guy who was crushed from the waste down and was still living and right before the one about the hooker with dysentery.

Or B. It isn't bullshit, and it was a drunk chick feigning death and an overeager EMT, no CPR was done (remember, in the press, an EMT looking at someone is CPR) and her shirt came off and she was mad.

I doubt it happened either way. I call BS.

There is an overly kind poster that sometimes accuses me of being modest, but I have to believe there are times, like this one, that I'm simply truly not as smart as many.

Are we really talking about finding landmarks through clothing on a dead person to avoid offending the modesty of said....dead person? See, I'm not that smart. Dead means a lot of things need to happen quickly in my world. CPR, airway management, Monitor, vascular access, etc. And I don't have the brains to cause, direct and monitor those things while making sure some middle aged perv. doesn't get a peek at a 16 y/o tit.

We had an Afg local that fell through a ceiling 12 feet onto a concrete floor. On the way down he slashed his face on a piece of ductwork from the R corner of his mouth to the corner of his R ear. Not full thickness (which I didn't know at first of course) but you could see the shape of his teeth on the remaining tissue when the wound was exposed...perhaps one layr of tissue remained.

While I did my 'medic thang' I ordered his clothes cut off. If you don't know, Afg men (I have no contact with Afg women who I assume feel the same, but I don't know for a fact) have a MAJOR issue with being exposed in public. When we started to cut his pants he started to freak out...puking, bleeding, freaking out, he was a busy fellow. Someone higher up in my medical chain of command was yelling that "You can't expose him in public!" The medic cutting looked at me, I yelled "Get his clothes off!!" and soon he was naked with the exception of a piece of t-shirt covering his penis when we could manage it.

Turns out that when I looked at his buttox it appeared that someone had slipped a very large bagel under the skin at the base of his lumbar spine. Would I have found it with his pants on? Yeah, probably. But I found it sooner, with much better visualization than I would have had had I simply palped or "peeked" under his pants as I see many do. I believe the MOI dictated exposure of the entire pt, and did so despite his complaints and that of a medical superior (in rank, not clear if intelligence).

Anyway, I guess my point is this. If you can do good medicine while keeping the rules of prudence in mind, then kudos to you. I simply don't seem to have the capacity to do so...So fair warning girls...if you decide to keel over in front of this dumb ol' fat medic...pray you've been working out and wore clean underwear.

Dwayne

A bagel?

It is a strange phenomenon that if something is not on the internet it doesn't exist.

I hope you are not making that an all inclusive statement.

The last mosquito bite I took was not mentioned on the internet, and by that statement, what I was scratching at, didn't exist.

Just maybe the girl and the creased shirt guy are related to the biker whose chest was tatooed with DNR. Of course the worst happens and he's grateful enough to litigate....fact or fiction, my class participants like to discuss. As for clothing, FF sake, remove as efficiently and decently as possible. For all professional reasons above. Let's not confuse the issue. Also I have joe public asking things like if he can hand position over a button as marker, just what you want for bystander assist.

No such thing as a stupid question of course so go gently, but inwardly I'm :roll: Urban legends ditto.

I hope you are not making that an all inclusive statement.

The last mosquito bite I took was not mentioned on the internet, and by that statement, what I was scratching at, didn't exist.

That's deep, man. :-k

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.