Missouri "Paramedic $10.75 per hour" ?

SANDMEDIC

You just don't hand out paralytics to just any paramedic with a card. There is a lot of intensive education that goes along with the privilege of having so many options.

Umm As an EMT-I we carry and use paralytics. Really not the best example. But other than the lousy pay, St Johns sounds like a good place to work. As an EMT-I I make much more than that, paid all hours and great benefits, so not moving there any time soon.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and rid, I'm not leaving EMS because I think nursing is the goose that laid the golden egg. I'm not giving up my paramedic. My interests have changed. Because of my experience with St. John's, I'm diehard on cardiology. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I want to continue being a paramedic with a critical care team. I would also love to be a cath lab nurse. It's not about money, it's about passion. My passion has shifted from straight EMS to cardiac. I've always wanted to do something great, and now that I've found my niche, I might just be able to now.

Good, we need more that have a feel for both sides and bring medical to EMS. I am going to p.m. you later, I found out that a fellow graduate of my Paramedic class is in adm at St. Johns EMS. I had not heard from him in about 24 yrs...

R/r 911

Another thing to consider is call Volume.At my service we work two 24's a week,but i'll probably only run 3 or 4 calls all week.New medics make about $11/hr.But again your getting paid for nothing.Gravy job.We also have state retirement and the company matches 100% of my contribution.The insurance is cheap and good.So all in all it's great.I'm in Ft Payne,AL.