Anyone familiar with these backboard straps?

There is nothing wrong with the straps. When used correctly, those straps work the best.

The problem here is they bought the wrong LSB's for those straps.

We had the same problem when we first started to get the "new" fiberglass boards. We found that we would have to put a twist in them to get them through the handles.

Also, those boards were notorious for "paper" cuts because the edges weren't ground off or sanded.

I do NOT like the strap system that places an X over the torso and one across the legs. Usually, not always, but on a good number of calls, I want them to be completely immobile. I don't want them to shift on the board, be able to move their legs or arms around. Just because the head and neck aren't moving, doesn't mean you cannot damage your spine.

So, if using single straps, I want at least six. Straight across, no X period. Otherwise, I'd prefer spider straps or something similar. Don't care how or why it was done twenty years ago.. I always interrupt old school folks when they say it was good enough twenty-five years ago. So much has changed in what the hospital can do for patients.. Don't ruin that with simple, quick and cheap treatments.

Oh, and when rolling them back up, roll them with the larger buckle end inward. It's heavier so if you have to toss it (while holding onto the "male" end) it unwinds easier and larger so you don't tend to have trouble finding it if you are in brush or something.

That's the kind of stuff I love. I think everything we do should be done for a specific reason, rather than "just because". Of course, this takes experience....hard to borrow it from others at work when the medium time-on-the-job at the company is probably 8 months, with anyone over 2-3 years being considered old-school.... Thanks Firedoc, Former, and others.

Reaper, I think the parachute system might be what we originally learned in school. Anyway to get a picture of that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.