Mayor: ‘Now is not the time’ for fire-based EMS

CBEMT

Spenac was not degrading anyone or any profession. So pleases forgive me if you took it that way. Just stating the dictionarys definition of a plumber,

I think its time to use the plumbing here as this topic plain and simple will never be agreed upon.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its time to use the plumbing here as this topic plain and simple will never be agreed upon.

That is only because the fire service is selfish and unwilling to agree on anything. It is certainly not because the issue is not factually settled. It is.

I won't disagree Dust with your statement of the fire side is selfish. But it is a two way street. The American Ambulance Association is just as guilty. The fact is it comes down to MONEY. (Who wants it ) (Who has it) and (Who's is going to get it )

Patient care does not come first to either group. That is the sad part.

Ps I agreed with you Dust . :lol:

The thing about these kinds of threads is not once has ANYONE said ANYTHING about law enforcement getting into EMS as a 'side bar' to supplement THEIR annual income!

How many Sheriff's Departments around the country have a 'paramedic division'?

If 'bunker gear and EMS' is such a 'bad combination', does that mean that BULLETS and EMS is a better match?

Given the training law enforcement receives (documentation/report writing, interviewing techniques, self defense tactics, working with emotionally unstable people, etc.) they would be a better cross match than firefighting. I think EMS should be separate, however, if it is going to be paired with another career, there are much better fits.

Or is it that only Firefighter's are 'too dumb' to be able to do more than one thing?

Too dumb, no. Lacking the approprite motivation in many cases, yes.

Everything about this deal flies in the face of all logic and historical evidence. It stands as indisputable proof that the fire service is not intellectually equipped to run EMS, and that they will say anything -- even to the point of contradicting themselves -- in order to achieve their dishonest agenda.

Best quote ever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.