A lust Affair...

chbare

Yea, pick me one up too, Bare. I promise to pay you back later :wink:

Wow so big, my dell mini-9 has only an 8.9 inch display, I can fit it in the side pocket of my EMS BDU pants, I'll stick to my mini laptop for travel and my old 1501 for at home

You could always buy the air and put it in a manila envelope. Pretty cool pulling a computer out of your pants, but pulling one out of an envelope, priceless. Well actually about $1,800 just to get in the game. :lol:

In all honesty, I like what I have sen with the new line of mac books thus far. I was not surprised, but still dissapointed that Apple will not offer a cheaper entry level lap top. However, Apple has been pretty consistent about their prices. I suspect the mac book pro will become less popular as the mac books offer a good package at a moderate price. The older polycarbonate mac book gets to stay around at $1,000.

As much as I love Apple and really think macs along with the OS are superior to PC and Windows based systems, I suspect other companies will continue to outsell Apple because they offer functional computers at half the price of the entry level macbook. Still, for people like me who have transitioned over to the dark side, there is no going back.

Once you have had Mac, you can never go back so they say. :D

Take care,

chbare.

Yeah but most schools use Windows computers, not to mention the fact that Gates dominates the American market with his XP, the only thing that could bring the downfall of Microsoft is Vista. Though I wouldn't mind taking a look at the Mac's O/S. And as for the pulling a laptop out of an envelope, still not that impressive as pulling one out of your pocket. :D

On a serious note, XP was a pretty good OS IMHO. Had on on my last PC (desktop) and used if for a few years without problems. Eventually, needed to upgrade the PC and decided to go with a lap top. My Vista experiences were nothing like my XP experiences. As I understand now, you are hard pressed to find a new computer that uses XP. What a shame, and a big mistake IMHO.

With that, Microsoft is still huge and even I use MS office on my mac. Microsoft has good products; however, pushing out Vista was a really big mistake and I suspect it has driven up Mac sells? Still, you can buy an entry level lap top for $500 these days, so I still see these other companies dominating the market for now. Mac is smaller but has a nearly fanatical cult following. In addition, I notice many people are using macs for specialty applications such as video editing.

Take care,

chbare.

Yeah, I am going shopping when I take leave in November.

http://www.apple.com/macbook/

Meh... I ordered one while I was in Ramadi. I wish it had gotten blown up with the rest of the town. It's a grossly overpriced piece of shyte. Everything I was told about it was a complete and total lie. It's slow as my PC. It's every bit as unstable as my PC, locking up, crashing, and losing data just as often, if not more so. It's incompatible with a lot of programs, including the webcam app of Windows Messenger. It's incompatible with a lot of websites. If it weren't for the sentimental attachment now, I'd eBay it cheap. The ONLY positives about it are it's size and it's immunity to the viruses I used to get while surfing pr0n.

Don't buy the hype. No way will I ever buy another Mac. :thebirdman:

Meh... I ordered one while I was in Ramadi. I wish it had gotten blown up with the rest of the town. It's a grossly overpriced piece of shyte. Everything I was told about it was a complete and total lie. It's slow as my PC. It's every bit as unstable as my PC, locking up, crashing, and losing data just as often, if not more so. It's incompatible with a lot of programs, including the webcam app of Windows Messenger. It's incompatible with a lot of websites. If it weren't for the sentimental attachment now, I'd eBay it cheap. The ONLY positives about it are it's size and it's immunity to the viruses I used to get while surfing pr0n.

Don't buy the hype. No way will I ever buy another Mac. :thebirdman:

I'll give you $50.00 for it! :D:lol:

I want one in pink thanks chb. Btw How are you doing over there in the big sand box?