Terrorst plot or American Hysteria?

ERDoc

Which is it?  

9 members have voted

1. 1.

• Terrorist plot
    • American Hysteria

First, I don't think "Islam is the light" is exactly a hateful message. Secondly, to me it sounds more like "We bring good things to life," which is an old GE slogan, but I digress. Lastly, how come every time they do one of these videos its always the most brain dead ghetto trash/white trash/white ghetto trash that they can find to be interviewed? Compared to say, your child dying in a gang fight or quad accident, I think this doll is the least of your worries.

After watching the clip, and knowing what I was listening for, I could almost hear that phrase from the doll.

It could have been saying something completely innocent, but with a preconceived idea of what to expect, that's what I could make out.

IF that is in fact, what's being said; I think Fisher Price has an obligation to recall the doll. Nothing like fueling the hate intentionally!

I can't be 100% sure that's what it said, but I know what I thought I heard.....

I don't think it is a plot or hysteria. I think it is the same nonsense that people have been sneaking into childrens' toys, movies, and books for decades just for the fun of it. Such messages -- visual, verbal, and subliminal -- have been worked into childrens' products for as long as I can remember. Old Disney movies have it. I remember back in the 1960s, the old GAF ViewMaster had a picture disk with photos from the show "Bonanza", and one of the pics had all the characters shooting the finger, albeit on-the-sly. "Islam is the light" and "Satan is king" are conflicting messages, so it doesn't appear to be any kind of conspiracy to do anything other than be a dumbass. I hope the dickhead who put those phrases in there enjoys the unemployment line.

Hell.. When I was a kid, you had to put a cassette tape in its ass to get it to talk. Teddy Ruxpin, that is.. I was in Toys R Us last week buying a gift, for a friends child.. They have some odd stuff these days. Tonka Trucks aren't metal anymore.. GI Joe don't just have guns, they have RPG's, mines, Grenades, Missile Launchers, huge knives... WTF. And McDonald's Cashier play sets? Teaching them to work at McD's before they're five? Great...

We actually got one of these for our daughter a few weeks ago. It never sounded like it said anything except mama. I think it is hysterical the big deal people are making out of this. There are so many bigger and more important things to worry about. My daughter's doll now has a new nickname, Ahkmed.

And McDonald's Cashier play sets? Teaching them to work at McD's before they're five? Great...

I've said it before and this proves what I've been saying.

America has been 'dumbed down' for so long, that we're now teaching our kids that it's ok to aspire to grow up and work at McDonalds. God knows that all the 'good jobs' are being shipped overseas to some shit hole 3rd world country that can't even speak english well enough to offer 'customer service' intelligibly!

Not only that, but the wages that USED to go into the American worker's pocket are now being split between the foreign worker and the company....and that foreign worker will NEVER make enough to buy the products that they're making!!!

Yes indeed an overreaction to something a child might not even pick up on if not for the astute powers of adult observation.This is not the first time this has happened nor will it be the last,Could be the next Salem witch trial in the making.