New Jersey Volunteer EMS video

NYC-EMS

What a load of dribble! How ridiculous!

Just like to point out a few quotes I found interesting:

Husband: “my wife can’t breath, she has asthma”

First Aid Officer: “We save lives, I like saving lives”

No, no you’re not saving any lives! In fact, the husband would have been better off driving her to the hospital then waiting for the first aid squad to pop on an 02 mask and drive her to hospital. If you carried something basic like salbutamol, chances are you could of left her at home.

“Plus you get to drive with the sirens on”

I lost count of how many times they babbled on about driving bells and whistles, I mean get over your self! If you’re lucky, you’ll only save a few seconds. Sirens wont save your life.

“In the 120 hours of training you will learning anything you need to know to take care of someone in the field”

Lol! What a joke!

“It’s an amazing feeling being a volunteer”

It’s also a good feeling knowing you’ve got a good pay check and you’ve helped someone.

Does this state even have paramedics? Is there any ALS backup?

When you’re at the hospital, get the hell out of the way of the medical team and give them room to actually do something that will benefit the patient.

If I resided in this state, covered by these people, I don’t think I could sleep at night. What a mess.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.