You Tube and Suicide

Happiness

The real question is would not allowing videos like that to be posted on Youtube, Google video, etc. really have an impact on the teen suicide rate? If a teen is determined that they want to die they won't go watch people do it, they'll go do it themselves.

Not to sound too cold, but who are we to stop purposeful examples of Darwinism?

Not to sound too cold, but who are we to stop purposeful examples of Darwinism?

Letting children off themselves is not what Darwin imagined, IMHO. Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, there is at least one video of someone committing suicide on Youtube. Its is of Bud Dwyer. (You all remember Bud.)

Letting children off themselves is not what Darwin imagined, IMHO. Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, there is at least one video of someone committing suicide on Youtube. Its is of Bud Dwyer. (You all remember Bud.)

Budd was a truly great American. I kept hoping and waiting for the Governor of NY (already forgot his name, as his fifteen minutes are up) to follow Budd's example. I'm bummed out that he didn't man-up.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Budd_Dwyer

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11520990...ress_Conference

Budddwyergrave.jpg

Anyone remember the "Faces of Death" films? They were having this same discussion about them at one point. Real or fake? Freedom of Speech or being responsible? How would showing suicide and/or accidental deaths, whether real or fake, would effect the public especially the youth?

Back then everyone seemed to talk in circles, and it seems like they still do. But I don't mean just here, society in general.

to the best of my knowledge, there is at least one video of someone committing suicide on Youtube. Its is of Bud Dwyer. (You all remember Bud.)

There is also the video of the "Bjork Stalker" taking his life. You know the one - all dressed up and no place to go :roll: