How would you handle this? just splint?

zonk7

brokenpenis.jpg

I don't know what to think . IF this was a real image (it could be but i think different), how would you handle this? splint?apply traction? hold it in neutral position? im curious on what others would do, not trying to be too funny here.

:cry:

Well.. If it's not a joke, then it's one really eff'd up fetish... However, there is no bone there.. So.. if it is something that was inserted into the urethra.. Maybe immobilize on a long board, and prevent movement of the genitalia w/ a blanket and either rolled sheets or towels.

I don't think you would need to worry about splinting since there is no bone to realign to prevent additional damage. Ice, position of comfort, and pain medication (if available) as well as emergency transport if circulation to the head is compromised. As well, I don't think handling the appendage would work too well, especially if the attendant lacks a y chromosome. This is not a situation where we want to see what pops up.

I opened the image by it's self in another window. Looks like a snopes broken penis picture. First, if anybody believes that a bony structure is used to achieve and maintain erection, they have a serious deficiency in the A&P department. Theoretically, if this was a case of a foreigh object, we could not do much. Assess the genitals, look for blood at the meatus, keep it from moving, and transport as this would be a urological emergency. Vessel and perfusion disruption, hematoma formation, and urethral injury would be serious consequences the said injury. Obviously, placing a urinary catheter would not be a priority intervention.

Take care,

chbare.