Joining FDNY EMS with a Felony Conviction.

Jahism

Character and Background: Proof of good character and satisfactory background will be an absolute prerequisite to appointment. Persons convicted of a felony or who have received a dishonorable discharge from the Armed Forces are not eligible for appointment to this position.

I don't live in NY, but I was going to say that knowing them (FDNY, NYPD, etc) it would be resounding NO way.

NYS-DOH will not allow you to take an EMT course if you have any FELONY conviction, except for a few very rare exceptions,, i think for like white collar stuff, and NO NYC civil service job will hire you with a felony, not even a Garbage man,

sorry to say but you are basically restricted to flipping burgers at McDonalds, or some other menial job.

NYS-DOH will not allow you to take an EMT course if you have any FELONY conviction, except for a few very rare exceptions,, i think for like white collar stuff, and NO NYC civil service job will hire you with a felony, not even a Garbage man,

sorry to say but you are basically restricted to flipping burgers at McDonalds, or some other menial job.

I think you can still run for Congress...

I will have to get back to you on that one, but I think the NYS DoH Bureau of Emergency Medical Services (BEMS) will review, on a case by case, any applicants with a felony conviction.

Personal opinion is, "No" for new applicants, and "review" for refresher, but I'll advise what Ed Wronsky (Head of BEMS) writes back.

I think you can still run for Congress...

A long time ago there was a series of politicians dropping out of elections due to some remark they made or some uncovered picture surfaced or something. I think it started with Gary Hart. But ever since then I've said that I've blown any chance of running for public office by the time I was 17. But of course, I do plead the 5th.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.