The unanswered question: Did they help her?

Michael

Umm wow good story Michael, I am gonna vote yeah they helped her. When the cops left everyone was alive and well a job well done.... :roll: :roll: :roll: B)B):)

Reminds me of the old story, which may have been also done on PBS' "Sesame Street", where a plumber comes to the old lady's house, when the lady is absent, rings the bell, and the parrot answer "Who is it?"

The plumber says, "It's the plumber, I've come to fix the sink."

Then, nothing.

The plumber rings the bell, and the same scenario replays itself.

Several times.

The plumber gets so upset after repeating this, and succumbs to a Myocardial Infarction. Just then, the old lady returns home, finds the man laying on her doorsteps, and exclaims, "Oh, my goodness, who is it?"

The bird responds "It's the plumber, he's come to fix the sink!"

Reminds me of the old story, which may have been also done on PBS' "Sesame Street", where a plumber comes to the old lady's house, when the lady is absent, rings the bell, and the parrot answer "Who is it?"

The plumber says, "It's the plumber, I've come to fix the sink."

Then, nothing.

The plumber rings the bell, and the same scenario replays itself.

Several times.

The plumber gets so upset after repeating this, and succumbs to a Myocardial Infarction. Just then, the old lady returns home, finds the man laying on her doorsteps, and exclaims, "Oh, my goodness, who is it?"

The bird responds "It's the plumber, he's come to fix the sink!"

I remember that. :sign5:

Judging from what I read in the story, "But instead of a damsel in distress, officers found a caged cockatoo with a convincing call."

That tells me there was no one in need of assistance. How can you read that article and not come to the same conclusion? If you came to another conclusion, did you read EVERY word of the story...or just skim through it?

Since the officers had to kick in the door because there was no one home....(not that I blame the officers for their actions), how can you help someone that isn't there?

Judging from what I read in the story, "But instead of a damsel in distress, officers found a caged cockatoo with a convincing call."

That tells me there was no one in need of assistance. How can you read that article and not come to the same conclusion? If you came to another conclusion, did you read EVERY word of the story...or just skim through it?

Since the officers had to kick in the door because there was no one home....(not that I blame the officers for their actions), how can you help someone that isn't there?

:) I can't tell if it's me that is confused, or you.

LOL! I had some friends who lived out in the boonies and raised Peacocks. Pea hens have a blood-curdling scream, and it carries a long way. When new neighbours moved onto adjacent land, they heard the screaming and called the sheriff, believing the guy must have been beating his wife to death.

Oh the memories. I dated a girl in high school who had several birds including a large Mccaw. The bird would scream out names of the various family members. I remember the first few times I heard that thing scream were a bit spooky.

Take care,

chbare.