Overseas Medic positions

chaney75

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally find that those who go out of their way to promote EMT-Bs do so because it boosts their ego to be surrounded by inadequately trained underlings that they can assert their superiority over. The so-called "paragods" we so often hear about. That's the nice thing about working in systems without EMT-Basics. No paragods. Everyone is on equal footing. I suppose you would miss having that power structure to stroke yourself with, but I don't. It's nice having a partner who can actually take equal responsibility with me.

Only one doing the stroking around here, is you. I was simply stating it was a bold statement.

It gives me good laugh though. Keep up the good work.

I stopped stroking myself in EMS about the time you were born, young boy. That would have been about my fifth year in the field, and with one war behind me. Too bad it is taking you so much longer to develop.

Well you got me there.

Maybe someday..just someday I can grow up to be just as great as you, but that is doubtful.

Well you got me there.

Maybe someday..just someday I can grow up to be just as great as you, but that is doubtful.

Now we have an understanding.

I can't even think of a good use for an EMT basic here in the U.S.
ER Techs probably is a good position. Someone who can assist in BLS procedures, lifting/moving/cleaning, prepping/assisting with ALS, and basic familiarity with emergency conditions. It's a tech job and EMT is a tech ya?

SandMedic, be aware Dust isn't capping the people who are EMTs themselves, rather the position of an EMT. Yeah, we provide great assistance to medics, but wouldn't another medic be able to do the same . . . plus more?

This company hires EMT-Basics. They cover strictly EMS no preventative medicine that I know of.

You will not get rich at this company but a good group of guys and gals.

Hope this helps.

ASA does do preventative medicine, it is actually the majority of their work. EMS is only a small role for them. Decent company, have worked with a few of them in the past....................

Wow! I was unaware they did prevmed.

Only thing I ever hear them talk about is how great it is they don't have to do it.

By prev med, are both of you talking about the actual definition of preventative medicine, in the military context (sanitation, vector control, water quality, communicable disease, etc...)? Or are you referring simply to non-EMS clinical medicine?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.