Circumcisions

akflightmedic

So you want to mutilate you baby boy, taking away something he can never regain, because of hygiene issues? Can you not just teach him keep clean, take a bath, and clean beneath the foreskin?

80% of the men in the world can do it, why can't the other 20% get with the program?

A bar of soap is much less invasive than getting a circumcision.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mutilate mu·ti·late Audio Help /ˈmyutlˌeɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[myoot-l-eyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object), -lat·ed, -lat·ing.

1. to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts: Vandals mutilated the painting.

2. to deprive (a person or animal) of a limb or other essential part.

My son(s) were not DEPRIVED of a limb or essential part. He was not disfigured either.

You can make sure that he is clean of course. For me it is a personal preference. Plus dad wanted them to look like him I am/was not going to take that away from the father. (Even tho I hate him now)

I do not regret my decision. I do not know about how other mothers feel. I just know how I am feeling.

Mutilate mu·ti·late Audio Help /ˈmyutlˌeɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[myoot-l-eyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object), -lat·ed, -lat·ing.

1. to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts: Vandals mutilated the painting.

2. to deprive (a person or animal) of a limb or other essential part.

My son(s) were not DEPRIVED of a limb or essential part. He was not disfigured either.

You can make sure that he is clean of course. For me it is a personal preference. Plus dad wanted them to look like him I am/was not going to take that away from the father. (Even tho I hate him now)

I do not regret my decision. I do not know about how other mothers feel. I just know how I am feeling.

Thanks for the English lesson, but the first part of your definition describes circumcision.

to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts"
There is injury to the head of the penis, because tissue will be cut away. The penis is disfigured, it will never look the same again and it is imperfect by removing parts.

Even the second definition can be disputed. The foreskin provides support with sexual intercourse, protections against chaffing, rubbing, and less sensitivity of the gland. After circumcision, you do deprive the child from these benefits of a foreskin.

Circumcision is not something that should be thrown around lightly as it is in the world today. It may very well affect what they desire later in life. Even if they do not desire it, they will never regain what is missing.

To any of the men on here or anywhere around. Do you miss your foreskin??

Stupid question Mrsbull... you can't miss something you never knew you had... except subconsciously, deep deep in the neurons that formed in the first days of life, where you learned, at a subconscious level, that you were helpless and the world held pain and power over the most private and sensitive part of you.

I regret that I was circumcised as a newborn. I've researched the nature of what was cut off of me learning that it's sensitive, functional, valuable, and that I can never get it back. Sometimes I am bewildered that people still do this to their male children, other times I am just resigned to the reality that even today people do a wide array of things that are harmful and unenlightened. It's also sad that the medical profession has been perverted into carrying out what is now known to be a purely cultural ritual, long past the time when any medical excuse has been debunked.

This thread has been killing me for the past 9hrs. I have been trying to figure out how I wanted to respond. I know how I feel about this issue, but the problem I was having was putting the words together in my head.

AK, this decision is going to made by the parents, and any good parents will talk about it in length before a decision is made, as you very well know. As discussed here, there are numerous reasons for why and why not to preform (have preformed) this procedure on your (generic) son. We have heard from the hygiene side of things, this can be based off of the father not knowing how to TEACH a child to clean something he has never cleaned himself. The matter of aesthetics was heard from, Theres the issue of the fathers wanting their son to "look" like them, but should this be the "only" reason to decide? Obviously this can go well beyond just the child, however, the child taking a shower after gym class, their first sexual experience, so on and so forth, brings us to the conformity side of this argument, there are tons of girls out there that may have never seen anything like an uncircumcised penis, how is that going to effect the first sexual experience? Religion is one topic that strikes me as hilarious in this matter. How many parents will make a decision based on religious belief, but never follow it up with going to church or simple religious training for their child, how about living their lives according their religious beliefs as well.

The fact of the matter is, is that all of these "ideas" about what is right and what is wrong are exactly that......IDEAS. Yes there are medical reports and documentation out there that support both trains of thought in regards to the hygiene. There are scripture after scripture that can support the procedure and those that talk against mutilation, all of which are up to the individual interpretation. We can look for psych studies on the importance of the father's needs, and the childs needs in regards to circumcision, but it all comes down to what the parents are going to decide is best considering that it will happen (typically) within the first week of life or so (geographically dependent from what I have read here).

If it's justification your needing, or just someone to tell you that it's ok, then let me be the first to do so, and this is NOT meant to insult you in any means. I am circumcised! I have NEVER "missed" or felt like I was "missing" a part of my body. I have NO recall of day 3 of my life to know how painful the procedure was or wasn't. I am quite satisfied with my sexual experiences, and sex life. I have never had any problems with chaffing, hygiene, or "damage" to the head of my penis because the foreskin was removed. I do NOT hate my mother for making the decision that she made almost 38 years ago. I have NO desire to have the foreskin back! I would even tell you that if it grew back tomorrow, I would even consider having it removed again, for lack of knowledge, and it would then make me uncomfortable.

Did you conform to the needs of your son's mother? Yes, but the real question to you is: Did you do the wrong thing? My answer to you is a profound NO! It is done and over with, and your son is going to grow up loving you as any health young boy will whose father is in their life. You will probably NEVER hear your son ask you, "Why did you let mom cut my foreskin off of my penis dad?". I wish your son a very long and happy life with his father, and his mother.....isn't that all that matters any ways?

Stupid question Mrsbull... you can't miss something you never knew you had... except subconsciously, deep deep in the neurons that formed in the first days of life, where you learned, at a subconscious level, that you were helpless and the world held pain and power over the most private and sensitive part of you.

That was sarcasm.

This thread has been killing me for the past 9hrs. I have been trying to figure out how I wanted to respond. I know how I feel about this issue, but the problem I was having was putting the words together in my head.

AK, this decision is going to made by the parents, and any good parents will talk about it in length before a decision is made, as you very well know. As discussed here, there are numerous reasons for why and why not to preform (have preformed) this procedure on your (generic) son. We have heard from the hygiene side of things, this can be based off of the father not knowing how to TEACH a child to clean something he has never cleaned himself. The matter of aesthetics was heard from, Theres the issue of the fathers wanting their son to "look" like them, but should this be the "only" reason to decide? Obviously this can go well beyond just the child, however, the child taking a shower after gym class, their first sexual experience, so on and so forth, brings us to the conformity side of this argument, there are tons of girls out there that may have never seen anything like an uncircumcised penis, how is that going to effect the first sexual experience? Religion is one topic that strikes me as hilarious in this matter. How many parents will make a decision based on religious belief, but never follow it up with going to church or simple religious training for their child, how about living their lives according their religious beliefs as well.

The fact of the matter is, is that all of these "ideas" about what is right and what is wrong are exactly that......IDEAS. Yes there are medical reports and documentation out there that support both trains of thought in regards to the hygiene. There are scripture after scripture that can support the procedure and those that talk against mutilation, all of which are up to the individual interpretation. We can look for psych studies on the importance of the father's needs, and the childs needs in regards to circumcision, but it all comes down to what the parents are going to decide is best considering that it will happen (typically) within the first week of life or so (geographically dependent from what I have read here).

If it's justification your needing, or just someone to tell you that it's ok, then let me be the first to do so, and this is NOT meant to insult you in any means. I am circumcised! I have NEVER "missed" or felt like I was "missing" a part of my body. I have NO recall of day 3 of my life to know how painful the procedure was or wasn't. I am quite satisfied with my sexual experiences, and sex life. I have never had any problems with chaffing, hygiene, or "damage" to the head of my penis because the foreskin was removed. I do NOT hate my mother for making the decision that she made almost 38 years ago. I have NO desire to have the foreskin back! I would even tell you that if it grew back tomorrow, I would even consider having it removed again, for lack of knowledge, and it would then make me uncomfortable.

Did you conform to the needs of your son's mother? Yes, but the real question to you is: Did you do the wrong thing? My answer to you is a profound NO! It is done and over with, and your son is going to grow up loving you as any health young boy will whose father is in their life. You will probably NEVER hear your son ask you, "Why did you let mom cut my foreskin off of my penis dad?". I wish your son a very long and happy life with his father, and his mother.....isn't that all that matters any ways?

Amen, Could not have said it better!