The circle of life!

chbare

Not a scream of pain. More like "oh no I knew she had something going on but did not push to check and now something not so good is going to happen" kind of scream. :lol:

Take care,

chbare.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you see a little guy getting ready to fast rope into the toilette. So, to make up for the loss of style points from earlier you gracefully slide in and catch the kid. Now what?

In addition, what were some of the indicators that the patient was getting ready to deliver?

Take care,

chbare.

In addition, what were some of the indicators that the patient was getting ready to deliver?

It just felt that way, it wasnt even the never rule out pregnancy... I just had a feeling.

And hell, she said herself, "I cant be pregnant." lol In my book when someone says they cant be or arnt its good enough for me :twisted: *tounge in cheek*

Next and final step... call Maury Povich and schedule her for the show, notify potential fathers

Baby and mom appear to be doing fine. Baby is active and moving about with vigor. Baby is currently pink and mom has calmed down a bit and now appears in shock over realizing she was pregnant.

Take care,

chbare.

Abnormal bleeding? Kids Pulse, resp. effort; or APGAR; Mom's Vitals? Anything odd suctioned from the kids mouth/nares? Appear to be fully developed? Anymore on the way out? Offer to have father, et al., cut the cord (we use OB scissors, not the provided device). Place both on stretcher, maybe a pillow under the mothers buttocks; be prepared for placenta.. which may or may not deliver in transit. Keep the kid and mother warm, I'd suggest a thin blanket made for childbirth, and maybe a mylar swaddler.

I've had two deliveries in bathrooms, one, her first child; she went to urinate.. and baby started to slide out. No pain, no problems. Health baby boy. The second; delivered the painful way, premature, came out pulseless, purple and apenic. Resuscitated pre-hospital, lived a month and didn't make it.

I had this one pegged - female, child bearing age, always assume pregnant until proven otherwise. Plus she's giving the common I feel like I'm gonna poop (a common statement), intense intermittant abdominal pain, and the fact that she has some idea what's going on (this don't sound like it's her first rodeo with the locking the door). Glad mom and baby okay - thought this would be a bit more eventful though. Haven't had the curse/pleasure of delivering one yet outside of clinicals, and I'm hoping I never do ! Have come mighty close more than once though !