Ok so I have a question?

You'll be surprised what you will remember when you start the field. Don't worry about it. You'll also find that you can't always go by the book. I'm meaning that what you may come across in the field is not always covered in the book. Watch, listen, learn, get your hands dirty. When you are teamed up with a new crew talk things over with them. Find out how they go about doing things. I'm sure they'll tell you to jump in every chance you get. If not, ask them when and where. Be curious. Ask all the questions you can. Don't try to impress anyone. Have fun with it. Relax, like you said. If you have any questions for us, don't hesitate to contact us.

You'll do great.

My question is this I finished EMT-B school in May and can't go in the filed in till October 6th and I find my self forgetting things what should I do? I read my book every night and been using my flash cards as well to help me rember but my problem is doing assments and vitles. What to do?

PS: My family wont let me use them any more!!! Because I used them first and now my older sister is starting nursing school and useing them as well so they said NO MORE!!!

I do not understand the dynamics of your situation:

You are an adult, yet your family will not allow you to use flash cards?

Your sister who is in nursing school is using EMT-Basic flash cards to study?

You are currently in school working on a degree in english, yet your articulation, spelling, and basic grammar is a bit on the rough side?

You are unable to look into a job with another service or at a health care facility?

Take care,

chbare.

Well I was going through the same stuff a few months ago... my friends and I would get together from time to time to review what we learned back in class, but it didn't help me on a day to day basis. The EMT book that I had for my class came with a couple of CDs, which I tried out and realized it actually helped alot. Keep reading the book, and just remember that when you're called to a scene, you won't be the only one there, there will be others there to help you also:) You'll remember things as you get your calls, and as long as you continue studying and maybe trying different approaches to remembering it all, you'll do just fine:) Good Luck!

I do not understand the dynamics of your situation:

You are an adult, yet your family will not allow you to use flash cards?

The way I read it was that her family is sick and tired of her older sister and her using them as assessment practice adjuncts.

4cmk6:

Because, you have to work in the position you started in for 6 months before you can transfer in to another department. I started working at the company before i finished school, so I could have a foot in the door. Also, I am working towards an associate degree in Science, Nursing and English.

Then go find another job as an EMT. Work both.